Solar Eclipse and effect on AM propagation

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Portland Radio Solar Eclipse and effect on AM propagation

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 18 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  Andy Brown 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Alfredo_T
    Participant

The 1440 station I heard was not from The Dalles. It was KMED Medford. I don’t know whether I will be able to ID all of the stations that popped in.

W7PAT
    Participant

I was on the air from West Salem as net control for the Solar Eclipse Net, but kept a portable radio by my side on 1000. Right before totality I started hearing KOMO. As totality occurred I could hear two stations on 1000, one was KOMO but the other did not get strong enough to tell. KOMO actually got a little stronger after totality, and just vanished when the Sun was about 75% full again.

Alfredo_T
    Participant

I put together a Web page of the airchecks that I recorded the day of the eclipse. It is at http://www.386server.info/~alfredo/Eclipse2017/index.html

Please don’t everyone go there at once, or—else—the—playback—will—stu–ter—like—th–this.

Andy Brown
    Participant

Great job!!

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.