Site slowness

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Vitalogy
    Participant

Anybody else feel like they are on AOL dialup when using this site?

Dan Packard
    Keymaster

Should be much faster now. Try closing browser to rebuild fast cache upon re-opening. Otherwise, Houston we have a problem.

bossjock
    Participant

It was slow earlier in the day, but just fine now (9:49p).

edselehr
    Participant

I agree, it’s been slow more often than not. I’m cool with letting Dan get the site dialed in before I pass judgement.

Also Dan, have we seen all that we are going to see in thread transfers from the previous board?

Andy Brown
    Participant

Overall, the site is running much faster then at any other time since its conversion.

What’s the deal with the little balloon icon to the left of the word “Howdy” in the upper right of the screen? I click on it and it just opens a big drop down box and I get a spinning circle but nothing ever loads.

Deane Johnson
    Participant

As I recall, the site slowness began before the conversion to the new software. I suspect it’s something at the ISP, but I’m not a computer techie.

Dan Packard
    Keymaster

It should be fast as lightning now. 😎

I hope to have full archive of past posts restored soon. Keep an eye on “What’s New“.

Also working on improving readability. I’m not sure on the reason for the Noticon at top right.

{Heh. I see Link button when posting is not working like you think it would. To use, the button works if you type link text into the post, highlight it, hit the link button, enter the url, leave “title” blank, then click “add link”.}

Deane Johnson
    Participant

It’s fairly fast tonight (Friday). My download speed is 950 Mbps, so I get a good feel for what’s coming down the line.

Amus
    Participant

Think it has been slow?

Consider this just a taste of how things would be if we don’t protect net neutrality and the internet becomes pay as you go.

shipwreck
    Participant

My average wait late at night is about 40 seconds and have to wait several minutes in the daytime for each thread I click (I have a 7 meg DSL connection).

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.