Sinclair and MGM Unwrap New Action Diginet – Charge!

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Portland Radio Sinclair and MGM Unwrap New Action Diginet – Charge!

This topic contains 28 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  msndrspdx 5 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author

washnotore
    Participant

Sinclair and MGM Unwrap New Action Diginet – Charge!

http://www.tvnewscheck.com/article/100750/mgm-sinclair-unwrap-new-action-diginet

Sinclair is also working on another diginet called TBD.

As just so happens KATU and KUNP have some bandwith to spare for any new diginet Sinclair can think of.

washnotore
    Participant

It now looks like Charge! and TBD diginets will launch on a Sinclair owned stations soon. This is going to happen after March 1, 2017.

The first Sinclair station to get these new diginets is WUCW in Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN.

Here is what there saying Twin Cities.
    http://thecw23.com/features/charge-tv

Well have to wait and see where these diginets will land localy. Between KATU/KUNP two remaining empty streams.

Jbpdx
    Participant

They’ll probably put it on 2.4

I’m not too excited about this one. It could start out OK and then have the programming deteriorate like what happened to Get TV. I’m still hoping for Movies! network.

KWVT has reactivated 17.3, listing it as “test” and running a dupe of RetroTV. Maybe they’re ready to add. But their signal is still very iffy.

mwdxer1
    Participant

For me, I like Get TV. So many shows I have not seen in years, plus the great old specials from the past. No one else does this. Charge! does sound interesting. The CE at KATU told me last year, they were going ahead with the 2.4, but it would not be launched until 2017. I guess they had something in the works then. I wonder if KPTV 12 will be adding a 4th channel as they are also 720p? KGW said, they had no room. Probably the same may be for KOIN, but who knows? KOIN was not going to add any diginets in the beginning, but changed their mind.

Andy Brown
    Participant

There are a lot more drop outs since they all started adding additional subnets. It’s annoying. MASH goes all pixelated and loses a second sometimes two seconds of video. Audio sometimes but not always drops out, too.
    (Both on cable and off air).

mwdxer1
    Participant

I don’t notice that here as I record a lot of old shows off METV and Get TV, as well as Decades. But maybe I have not been watching at the same time.

mwdxer1
    Participant

Also the dropouts may be coming directly from the diginet too.

washnotore
    Participant

It looks like Sinclair is going to shed one of it diginet to Meredith. Grit will be moving from KUNP 47.3 over to KPDX 49.4 very soon.

This means Sinclair will be putting more of it’s own programing content. On the stations it owns in the Portland and Seattle markets.

washnotore
    Participant

Looks like KUNP 47.2 (16.2 La Grande) has some programing on it. Sinclair own TBD digitnet is now on in Portland. And no it is in 720p, but rather 480i.

So where does Charge! programing go next? KUNP 47.3 or KATU 2.4 stay tuned..

Jbpdx
    Participant

I’m not too excited about these new Sinclair networks. Everything’s being added except the one I want: Movies! network. Running out of options. KGWZ 46 is pretty much all that’s left, and that will be moving to a new real channel soon. Unless 12 or 32 etc. adds a .4 like KPDX did.

washnotore
    Participant

Last year there was idea floting around at Tribune Media. That a second Antenna TV channel might be in the works. Programing would consist of the older shows from the 1950’s and 1960’s. If it were ever coming on the air. It would be assigned to KRCW 32.4 in Portland.

Jbpdx
    Participant

The only diginet that Tegna stations carry on most of their stations is Justice Network. The only Tegna-owned station that carries Movies! is in Tucson. Not a good sign for KGWZ picking it up. I’ll be curious to see if KATU really adds a 2.4; but if they do and use it for Charge, that would leave 47.3 open. So maybe.

mwdxer1
    Participant

Living in a moderate size metro area like Portland, there just are not enough TV stations to cover everything. Portland seems to run a bit less TV fare for its’ size. Some of the smaller markets in the Midwest or East have more OTA TV. Of course in the East, if you live like between DC and Baltimore you get both markets. I guess if someone lived in Centralia WA or Salem/Albany they would be more that one market. Several Diginets are now carried on Dish, Get TV, COZI(FETV), Laff, Justice, Family Net as well as Grit. I don’t think Direct carries any.

washnotore
    Participant

Charge tv network has their website up and running on just one page.

http://watchcharge.com/

From the reports I’ve reading on the web. Sinclair plans to replace all Grit channels with Charge!

washnotore
    Participant

According to Titan TV Listing. Charge! will be on KUNP 47-3. In Seattle, Grit is moving off KOMO 4-3 to make room for Charge! … The changes start on Febuary 28.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.