Simmering translator pot now boiling

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Portland Radio Simmering translator pot now boiling

This topic contains 75 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  Andy Brown 4 hours, 12 minutes ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 76 total)
  • Author

Andy Brown
    Participant

You’ve got the good folks and the bad folks reversed, Tom. You (KISN) want this PFR to be filed. It extends the time to allow further review of a poor decision to throw out the informal objection filed on your behalf.

Pay attention!!

tombrooks
    Participant

Yes Sir!!!

Bob Berry
    Participant

Yes Sir!!!
    Got to luv it when 95-1 KOLZ Corrales NM covers up that piece of shit PDX translator in PDX! this evening…

tombrooks
    Participant

notwesternele — To each his own. It’s nice that low power stations – Non Profits – have an opportunity in the market place to serve certain audiences. And it’s fun for us volunteers too!

Bob Berry
    Participant

It’s nice that dx stations have an opportunity to break into the local market place to serve all audiences. And it’s fun for all too! get over it.

Alfredo_T
    Participant

Seriously, have we been experiencing such spectacular FM DX in the Portland area recently, or are these comments meant in jest?

Boss_Radio_1550
    Participant

notwesternelectric’s comments are in jest. Looking at his previous post’s they are all mostly related to E-Skip DX swamping out local stations (with a few four letter words and ham bashing thrown in for attention). Too bad he can’t get an LP100 straight from an Fx. Anyway, I am not aware of E-skip going on now. If there is I have missed it. I know, last summer there was a lot of skip going on in Portland and it was covered on some other post at the time.

Andy Brown
    Participant

The Prometheus, Common Frequency, et. al. Petition For Reconsideration on the across the band all A.M. revitalization translator applications should be thrown out has been dismissed.

Having said that, there are numerous informal objections and Petitions to Deny based on interference that are still in position to deny the further abuse of the translator rules by the corporate interests that will have to be resolved on a one by one basis before those applications for CPs can be granted. Based on history, most of Bustos’ plans in the PDX metro will fail due to their hack engineering which in most of their applications serves close to no population.

Bob Berry
    Participant

Hey nothing is in jest Boss Man when 89-5 KPBS-FM San Diego covers up that piece of shit KPFR again on Thursday morning!

cbaravelli
    Spectator

Don’t think most of PDX DX results are from ‘sporadic E’ skip. RX reception durations are too long.
    Tropospheric (or thermal) Ducting.
    http://www.amateur-radio-wiki.net/index.php?title=Tropospheric_ducting
    http://www.dxinfocentre.com/tr_map/archive/5enp.jpg
    Last week, three full power FMs out of Kansas were loud in central Oregon for three days straight.
    Back in olden days during the dog days of summer, not uncommon to watch KUPD-TV and / or KSL-TV on VHF Channel 5 after dawn and before dusk.

• This reply was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by  cbaravelli.

Andy Brown
    Participant

Prometheus and Common Frequency, whose PFR (Petition for Reconsideration) was dismissed, has filed an Application For Review. These filings are on and affect every pending translator application from the AM Revitalization windows.

I’ll comment after I’ve read it. Or not. Clearly the Pai FCC wants to sweep this matter under the carpet, but the complainants aren’t going away easily.

For the curious, should the FCC throw this latest filing out, the next step (I think) is for Prometheus, et. al. to take their beef to the regular court. I think it would be the Circuit Court in D.C. There may be other legal paths I’m unaware of. Either way, the Bustos translator gambit won’t be resolved until the FCC makes its next move, plus 30 (or 60) days at a minimum.

http://bit.ly/2Mw3smb

KXRU-ED
    Participant

Something tells me this is gonna drag for a loooong time.

cbaravelli
    Spectator

“The FCC’s course in mis-upholding the LCRA is so steeped in perversion that bulk-granting of dozens of translator construction permits exuberantly resumed the day of Reconsideration dismissal.”

After the final Commish dismissal, onward to a 9th Circus Court.

• This reply was modified 3 months ago by  cbaravelli.

Andy Brown
    Participant

Another objection has been filed on Bustos’ 101.5 proposal.

http://bit.ly/2Iv7LZF

fieldstrength
    Participant

Salem Communications has filed a license to cover application for K292HH (106.3) from Stonehenge Tower. It will be a translator for KPDQ-AM. It’s not on right now, but we may hear it soon.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 76 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.