Sex Allegations Against Roy Moore Send Republicans Reeling

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Politics and other things Sex Allegations Against Roy Moore Send Republicans Reeling

This topic contains 72 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  semoochie 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 61 through 73 (of 73 total)
  • Author

cbaravelli
    Spectator

Het, Amus. Is this what you mean? Interesting story in the Sunday New York Times weekend Lifestyles section. Click on the photo.

Spending my bread like it grew on a tree
    You’re trying to tell me ’bout the birds and the bees
    The skirt that you’re wearing is way past your knees
    Either light up or leave me alone

Andy Brown
    Participant

The sexual harassment fracas will continue until Moore is either elected and has to deal with his fellow GOP Senators whom are now under tremendous pressure of several kinds or Moore is defeated. Also, it won’t die down until drumpf is forced out of office one way or the other. You can be sure that even though Franken is going to leave Congress, he isn’t going to stop fanning the flames that drumpf has had his own accusers and NOTHING has yet come of it.

What a mess!

Love the vintage Traffic reference. TFPT.

Prediction: Moore will lose. Not by much. If African Americans show up at the polls and aren’t deterred by the usual voting issues created by the racist Republicans at the polling places, Moore is toast.

Vitalogy
    Participant

Sadly, I think Moore will win. Alabama is such a fucked up part of our country even a child molester will beat a Democrat, because a right wing child molester is better than a Democrat in this sad and pathetic part of our country.

Alfredo_T
    Participant

Moore opposed gay marriage and fought to keep a 10 Commandments display on a courthouse. Apparently, these stances are what is needed to keep the Southern vote. His supporters see him as a martyr who is being “crucified.”

edselehr
    Participant

I believe Moore will win. 62% of Alabamans voted for Trump just one year ago. I don’t believe that people so entrenched in that kind of conservative mindset can change that quickly.

skeptical
    Participant

From a political junkie standpoint, do we want Moore to win or lose? Hope he wins just to see how the GOP (and McConnell) responds or hope he loses in hope that the tide has changed on GOP insanity?

paulwalker
    Participant

“do we want Moore to win or lose?”

I don’t think it matters. If he wins, the GOP loses. If he loses, the GOP loses. It’s loss-loss situation.

Alfredo_T
    Participant

I forgot to mention two more things that are important to Alabamians — 49% of whom identify as Evangelicals. First, Moore is a staunchly pro-life in all circumstances. Second, he didn’t just support Ten Commandments monuments; he had one covertly installed in 2001. After legal challenges regarding the monument, Moore was removed from office. People in Alabama are following the narrative of the “renegade hero” who has to break the rules in order to do what is right, much in the same way that Oliver North had his fans.

edselehr
    Participant

Wonder how much of an effect Sen. Richard Shelby’s rejection of Moore will have? And I love Doug Jones’ reaction:

semoochie
    Participant

I liked Roy Moore saying he was more aligned with Putin than the United States and then speaking Russian! If being a pedophile isn’t enough, now the Alabama voters will have to admit to preferring a “commie” over a democrat!

edselehr
    Participant

Yea! This clip:

Amus
    Participant

Early returns show Moore in the teens.

😉

semoochie
    Participant

Well, I guess that about does it for his 15 minutes of fame.

Viewing 13 posts - 61 through 73 (of 73 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.