Sex Allegations Against Roy Moore Send Republicans Reeling

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Politics and other things Sex Allegations Against Roy Moore Send Republicans Reeling

This topic contains 72 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  semoochie 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 73 total)
  • Author

Andy Brown
    Participant

Moore is now trailing his challenger significantly:

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/360009-poll-democrat-leads-roy-moore-in-alabama-senate-race

Even Breitbart had this to say about the above poll:

“The news here is not good for Moore—this pollster was accurate throughout the primaries”

Earlier polls had shown Moore in decline and his challenger rising:

https://bigleaguepolitics.com/big-league-gravis-alabama-poll-roy-moore-clings-slim-lead-doug-jones-48-46/

This may significantly increase the difficulty for Republicans to push through tax reform if their Senate advantage slips to 51-49, that is if they can resolve the numerous conflicts within the House GOP, within the Senate GOP, and between the two bodies.

Offhand, I’d say that whatever tax bill comes out of the House it will conflict with what comes out of the Senate, and it is doubtful that anything will get all the way through before Christmas. Another promise broken. Another Republican failure. So far the GOP led Congress has gotten nothing done.

Andy Brown
    Participant

Another victim steps up further roiling the Alabama Republican’s candidacy for an open Senate seat. Leaders of Moore’s own party intensified their efforts to push him out of the race.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_ALABAMA_SENATE_MOORE_ALOL-?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

Andrew
    Participant

More victims coming forward at this point might HELP Moore in Alabama, I fear…

Andy Brown
    Participant

I don’t think so, Andrew.

This new allegation is by far the most serious and moves this well beyond legal and moral gray areas into an alleged felony — and one about which Nelson says she is willing to testify in front of the Senate Judiciary Committee. She also has a high school yearbook she says Moore signed for her. Moore’s signature and the one in the yearbook appear to match.

It shouldn’t be terribly surprising that another woman has come forward with such an allegation — that tends to be the case — but Nelson’s allegation takes this in a wholly different direction.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/11/13/roy-moores-problems-just-got-much-much-more-serious/?utm_term=.661453f2f59f

Andrew
    Participant

A lot of Alabama red voters are convinced that the liberal media has invented this whole thing, just to defeat Moore. When you already disbelieve the news and believe wacky conspiracy theories instead, it doesn’t much matter who comes forward with what.

Vitalogy
    Participant

Locals Were Troubled by Roy Moore’s Interactions with Teen Girls at the Gadsden Mall.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/locals-were-troubled-by-roy-moores-interactions-with-teen-girls-at-the-gadsden-mall

Wow, this just keeps getting worse and worse for the Christian hypocrite. What’s pathetic is that people still support this guy.

Vitalogy
    Participant

And then this: 5th woman accuses Roy Moore and this is clearly the worst of all, because Roy Moore signed her high school yearbook!

And please note the fact that all of the accusers are Trump supporters.

Andrew
    Participant

Roy Moore isn’t a Trump guy – Trump supported his primary opponent. The fact that the accusers are Trump supporters could probably be spun into yet another conspiracy dream by Moore’s supporters.

Chris_taylor
    Participant

Today’s polling of the two candidates have them both at 46 percent. Even though the woman who went on camera today with a very compelling story and is a Trump supporter, doesn’t want to make this political, is willing to speak in court and even with all that…Moore has a strong probability of winning.

If Moore wins, the Senate could ban him even before he comes to Washington. It would take 67 Senators to make that happen.

Hard to believe we are even discussing this in this manner, however, women already know this…its just another Tuesday for them.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by  Chris_taylor.

Vitalogy
    Participant

Should Moore win, I would expect that a Democrat vote for banishment will be sparse.

cbaravelli
    Spectator

Attempted to post yesterday but the web server returns an ERROR 404 plus my computer’s security is very tight.
    There are three aspects of Beverly Young Nelson story as presented by “Women’s rights attorney Gloria Allred” (gloriaallred,geez). Compelling but flawed.
    Attempted to post transcript portions found on cbsnews.com 2 hours after the newser but transcripts were scrubbed. I know why.
    Mrs. Nelson claims ADA Moore locked the doors and she couldn’t escape. First I saw a “child” or “safety” lock system was in a 1984 Rolls Royce. Don’t think a 1974 Buick Riviera was so equipped.
    Pulling her pig-tails while working at a diner? Different story than told four years ago to her mother and husband? I’ll let the Birmingham press hash that out.
    In the trade, embellishments are known as “Wind milling” and “mill work” (gloriaallred, geez). Make accusations have more impact.
    Perhaps finally, ADA Roy Moore was a registered Democrat. Most folks in Alabam’ were 40 years ago.

Well I heard mister Young sing about her
    Well, I heard ole Neil put her down
    Well, I hope Neil Young will remember
    A Southern man don’t need him around anyhow

In Birmingham they love the governor (boo, boo, boo)
    Now we all did what we could do
    Now Watergate does not bother me
    Does your conscience bother you?
    Tell the truth

And finally, Judge Moore election victory puts the GOP under the Damascus Sword. Vote for censure or not seat him will change the balance in the Senate. 49 to 49 plus Senator McCain.

cbaravelli
    Spectator

this is clearly the worst of all, because Roy Moore signed her high school yearbook!

This is clearly the worst of all because she let Roy Moore sign her high school year book. There, fixed it.

Langston
    Participant

Too many victims cbaconvelli. Could be more out there as Moore was banned from Gadsden Mall.

cbaravelli
    Spectator

Could be. Then again,
    newyorker.com. Source is tweet from a Michael Luo, an editor:
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DOjKUHqX0AA0Wmp.jpg
    No names. No record. Have to wait and see if ‘story’ has legs.
    Garsh. Am I the only one who worked in a news room?

Andy Brown
    Participant

No, you’re not. But clearly, in this case, Moore is as guilty as sin of abusing minors. There’s already enough “evidence” to be convicted in the court of public opinion. It’s not clear to me where you’re coming from on this, but Moore’s reputation precedes the current mess he is in. Moore has made a career out of disparaging minorities, violating federal court orders, and promoting fringe conspiracy theories. He’s not qualified to be a Senator IMO regardless of his degree of guilt in the instant situation.

Langston “cbaconvelli” LOL

Note to Mr baravelli: You are far from the only member of this forum to have actual experience in radio/tv. My guess is that it would serve you well to not post like you think you are. It doesn’t bother me but it does annoy others. Thanks. Andy

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 73 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.