Sessions Joins the LYING LIARS CLUB by lying about . . . RUSSIA!

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Politics and other things Sessions Joins the LYING LIARS CLUB by lying about . . . RUSSIA!

This topic contains 20 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  LurkingGrendel 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

skeptical
    Participant

skeptical
    Participant

Late Wednesday evening, House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-California) released a statement calling on US Attorney General Jeff Sessions to resign over statements he made to the Senate during his confirmation process.

“Jeff Sessions lied under oath during his confirmation hearing before the Senate. Under penalty of perjury, he told the Senate Judiciary Committee, ‘I have been called a surrogate at a time or two in that campaign and I did not have communications with the Russians.’ We now know that statement is false,” Pelosi wrote.

https://www.rt.com/usa/379137-pelosi-sessions-resign/

(I know, Russia Today. 🙂 )

bookemdono
    Participant

It’s like whack-a-Russian-mole with these guys. Get rid of one with Russian contacts and another one pops up. Who’s next?

Amus
    Participant

Langston
    Participant

Appoint the Special Prosecutor now!

bookemdono
    Participant

Andy Brown
    Participant

He’s recused himself fully on the Russian probe matter, which is at least a start. He’s not going to resign unless they find more then they have to this point.

Amus
    Participant

Lying, of course, is an impeachable offense unless you’re part of the Trump Administration.

Then it’s a virtue.

LurkingGrendel
    Participant

The hypocrisy parade marches on.

Daily, statements and activities, that were they perpetrated by a Democrat, would be eliciting howls of outrage and demands for investigations by the GOP, are instead ignored, soft-pedaled, or deflected.

Party over country, y’all.

LurkingGrendel
    Participant

And more, GOP folks, chatting it up with Russian envoys during the election season.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/03/carter-page-russian-ambassador-meeting-235626

Doesn’t mean a thing. Nothing to see here. All is well!

Can you imagine the hue and cry if this had been the Clinton campaign.

I can.

Vitalogy
    Participant

The whole Trump-Russia connections coming to light are disturbing. There is just something not right about the situation. It stinks.

And as for Sessions, he’s guilty of perjury at this point.

No perjury unless context is totally irrelevant.

I don’t think the Democrats or their cohorts in the media believe Sessions was plotting anything with the Russians. It’s phony outrage.

Anyone who thinks anything will come of this is dreaming and will end up looking silly again.

Vitalogy
    Participant

Nope. He clearly committed perjury and as a result he should resign. If the top cop in the US lies under oath, he’s not fit to serve.

And beyond that fact (which is an undeniable fact that has occurred) why in the hell is there so much communication between the Trump campaign and Russia?

Brianl
    Participant

“No perjury unless context is totally irrelevant.”

He said, under oath, that he did not have any talks with Russian officials.

It has been outed that he indeed did.

By the letter (and spirit) of the law, that is indeed perjury, no?

LurkingGrendel
    Participant

Yes.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.