Self Serve Gas in Oregon legal, sort of…

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Politics and other things Self Serve Gas in Oregon legal, sort of…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    paulwalker
    Participant

This could only happen in Oregon. A new law will allow self service gasoline in counties of less than 40,000 between 6pm and 6am. What a joke. How will stations manage this? And isn’t this just the first step into allowing self-serve everywhere, anytime? Come on Oregon, get a grip on this. I understand some jobs may be lost, but the reason for this law is outdated and unimportant.

Langston
    Participant

How will stations manage this? Insert debit/credit card and pump gas.

paulwalker
    Participant

Langston, yes I understand that. However there are many silly complications to this. First, stations in these counties will need to put up new signage, which can be expensive, to explain the new rules. Some will, some won’t. But then, how many know the actual time of day? Then there is the issue of which counties are under 40K?
    I doubt many in the US, or even Oregon could name them. This new law is just plain stupid IMO. Either hold to your guns with the current law, or open it up to everyone. Common sense, but doesn’t seem to make ANY sense in Oregon. (Kind of like the 70 mph speed limit approved, but the signs won’t be changed for months or years…) Good gawd, I thought WA GO was bad, but you guys have proven me wrong.

Mark my words, the self serve law will be open to all of Oregon because of this stupid rule within 1-2 years.

Dxer1969
    Participant

Lived in Oregon for damn near 50 years. 34 years as a driver. Never thought I would like self serve, but I do. Now, after 7 years in WA, wouldn’t have it any other way. Would I move back to ORE? No way.

Paul, you are right when you say ” It could only happen in Oregon” Think its more Portland, Oregon than anything though. WOW! Lots of weird nonsense happens outta PDX!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.