Seattle snatches defeat from the jaws of victory

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Politics and other things Seattle snatches defeat from the jaws of victory

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Brianl
    Participant

Amus, my friend, that’s playing dirty pool.

Sunday’s loss is one of the most painful of my sports-loving life. And being a Coug, I’m well adapted to those.

The most painful loss was the Sonics. By a mile.

Amus
    Participant

The Go Sonics was totally a response to:

I guess Portland is just pissed off that Seattle has something else it doesn’t and in all likelihood won’t have (an N-F-L club).

One could turn it around and say;

I guess Seattle is just pissed off that Portland has something else it doesn’t and in all likelihood won’t have (an N-B-A club).

duxrule
    Participant

Check out this freeze-frame; Lockette is wide open, until Butler breaks on the ball. It’s a helluva play to get to that spot first.

https://usatthebiglead.files.wordpress.com/2015/02/grab-2015-02-01-22h01m34s214.jpg?w=1000&h=563

missing_kskd
    Participant

The fight really put this whole gaffe over the top.

Without a fight, the whole thing is just a bad call and difficult outcome to get through. Major downer.

But, Seattle threw a punch!

One could say, great team, bad call. Tough game.

Now, it’s fairly easy to say, they deserved it.

And they do for that kind of conduct. Wasn’t the other team at fault, so why throw a punch?

duxrule
    Participant

“And ne’er the twain shall meet.” Go Blazers!

Brianl
    Participant

Um Moto, Dux doesn’t live in Portland.

paulwalker
    Participant

Dux apparently likes something in WA. My guess is lack of state income tax, or to give him the benefit of the doubt, not with any joy, his job is there. Then again, most NW job growth in the past decade has been in WA. (Oh, I guess I’m now an official economic trash talker! :))

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.