Seattle Radio Happenings

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 452 total)
  • Author
    semoochie
    Participant

It’s an LPFM but I thought they’d moved to a different frequency. That might be a translator.

Bigpuppy
    Participant

>>Incidentally, 103.3 in Olympia has a retro-KGHO running oldies..

My buddies on Macadam were just talking about that. K103 had a loyal little cell of car-radio listeners up there, who’ve been quite unhappy with the intrusion, which began last summer or fall.

Scott Young
    Participant

Oh yeah, K103 has lost quite a bit of bonus coverage! I think in general Chehalis hears K103 and Centralia hears KGHO. I was surprised the first time I heard another signal on 103.3 and I figured CC Portland couldn’t be too happy about it.

the_radio_guy
    Participant

I don’t think Clear Channel management cares about K103 being blocked out in the Olympia area.

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

KING-F/Seattle Makes Switch To Noncommercial Status

CLASSIC RADIO, INC. Classical KING-F/SEATTLE has officially made the transition from commercial to noncommercial status, effective TODAY (5/2). The move was accelerated last month from the original goal of JULY (NET NEWS 4/8).

kd7yuf
    Participant

KGHO, now that is a set of calls I have not heard in a while. Its nice to see they are back on the air but on a LPFM this time which is kind of a shame. I remember this from being on 920 AM about 10 years ago on a station that was running AM stereo and proud of it. They had it in their top of the hour ID “Our dial position, 920 AM stereo” and perhaps in their logos too. Even during the stunt as AM stereo 920 The Boom in 2003 it was prominent in their IDs.

Scott Young
    Participant

KGHO may well be an LPFM but for several miles of I-5 they sure don’t sound like one!

Chico
    Participant

In the low powered FM world, height can definitely make up for wattage. Boy, can it ever! 10 watts, 2100+ feet HAAT. Weird combination- makes for a paper thin signal, but when it’s clear, it’s amazing how far it will go. I caught it on a fluke in Richmond Beach (North of Seattle); that has to be 50+ miles.

Pat
    Participant

I wonder if the pirate is still on 101.1 in Olympia? Guess I’ll find out in a couple of days as I’ll be passing through there on my way to Vancouver Island.

RobP
    Participant

I’m hearing KJR-FM riffed Heidi May (middays) and Randy Lundquist (PM drive)…but it’s not official until Craig posts the All Access story. 😀

Matt Jones
    Participant

Confirmed on Heidi’s Facebook page. 12 years at KJR, currently the number one station in the market 12+. I’m sorry to hear this.

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

Kevin McCarthy Named SVP/Market Manager For CBS Radio Seattle

Veteran radio executive KEVIN MCCARTHY has been appointed SVP/Market Manager for CBS RADIO/Seattle, it was announced today by EVP/Operations SCOTT HERMAN. The appointment, which puts McCARTHY in charge of Country KMPS, Classic Rock KZOK, Adult Hits KJAQ and News-Talk KPTK-A, is effective immediately.

MCCARTHY, a SEATTLE resident for the past seven years, has a strong connection to the city, having served as Market Manager for ENTERCOM COMMUNICATIONS/SEATTLE from 2003 to 2005. For the past three years, he has been a Regional Sales Manager for CITYGRID MEDIA and Senior Director of Broadcast Sales for HIPCRICKET.

Said HERMAN of the appointment, “During his thirty year career in radio KEVIN has done it all — from serving as an on-air personality and a local seller to an NSM, GSM and Market Manager. I cannot imagine a more qualified and knowledgeable candidate to work with our legendary and respected stations in SEATTLE. In addition, his understanding of the local and mobile space should help CBS RADIO/SEATTLE to break new ground in the all important digital arena.”

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

KUOW/PUGET SOUND PUBLIC RADIO, the entity which manages noncommercial KUOW-F/SEATTLE for the UNIVERSITY OF WASHINGTON, is assigning the licenses for noncommercial KUOW-A/TUMWATER-OLYMPIA, WA and the construction permit for KQOW/BELLINGHAM, WA to the university for $1.

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

KJR Recruits Local Legend Steve Slaton To Do Afternoons

CLEAR CHANNEL RADIO Oldies KJR/SEATTLE brings back market radio legend STEVE SLATON to do afternoons, from 3-7p. SLATON, one of the highest-rated music personalities in SEATTLE for several decades, starts MONDAY, JUNE 13th.

Also beginning MONDAY, SLATON’s show can be heard on the Internet at http://www.oldiesseattle.com and at http://www.iheartradio.com, as well as via the iheartradio mobile application on iPODS, BLACKBERRY, DROID and other smartphones.

“It is a dream fulfilled to join BOB RIVERS at the station I grew up listening to and always wanted to be at!”SLATON said. “THE BEATLES, STONES and even MUNGO JERRY just sound better on Oldies 95.7 SEATTLE, the Greatest Hits of All Time Baby!”

“There was an incredible outpouring of enthusiasm and support when STEVE’s fans across SEATTLE heard he’d be back on the air with us,” OM and KJR PD JOHN PEAKE said. “We’re delighted to have STEVE SLATON as part of our Oldies 95.7 family.

paulwalker
    Participant

Wow, KJR-FM really seems to be stepping up the game. Not only doing a favorable PPM music format, but doing it with big personalities. Reminds me of a time decades ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 452 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.