Seattle Radio Happenings

This topic contains 429 replies, has 55 voices, and was last updated by  chessyduck 6 days, 2 hours ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 430 total)
  • Author

semoochie
    Participant

I’m guessing the “S” is for “Seattle”. I see that KCMS switched to All Christmas today.

the_radio_guy
    Participant

104.9’s KSGX calls became official on 11/22/10. Prior to 10/21/99, 104.9 was KKBY, known as “Y104.9” (R&B) which followed “Cowboy” Classic Country.

Dan Packard
    Keymaster

…GEN X 104.9/SEATTLE gets new call letters becoming KSGX.

What is the Gen X format?

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

KTTH Adds Sean Hannity

PREMIERE RADIO NETWORKS’ SEAN HANNITY, displaced in SEATTLE when FISHER pulled the plug on the Talk format at now-Oldies KVI-A in NOVEMBER, has landed on crosstown BONNEVILLE Talk KTTH-A (THE TRUTH) for 4-7p (PT), effective JANUARY 3rd. To make room, local talker DAVID BOZE gets cut back to 3-4p, and FOX NEWS RADIO’s JOHN GIBSON moves an hour later to 7-10p.

“Our listeners have made it clear that they want to hear SEAN’s view on the news each day,” said RYAN HATCH, BONNEVILLE/SEATTLE OM, “We’re thrilled to add his show to KTTH’s lineup of the most popular, significant conservative voices on radio.”

Notalent
    Participant

The Gen X format is 90’s based uptempo mix of pop, rock, and early hip hop.

Picture a 90’s CHR that played Nirvana, Notorius B I G, Gwen Stephani, etc.

Except with no live DJ’s.

Notalent
    Participant

Interesting that KTTH is sticking with Medved live in the 12- 3pm slot rather than Hannity live.

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

KTTH Moves Lars Larson Up

One more shuffle is coming to the lineup at BONNEVILLE Talk KTTH-A (THE TRUTH)/SEATTLE, with COMPASS MEDIA NETWORKS’ LARS LARSON moving earlier to 10p-1a (PT), followed by TALK RADIO NETWORK’s LAURA INGRAHAM 1-4a. The change takes effect JANUARY 3rd.

“LARS is one of the top conservative voices in the country whose roots are in the NORTHWEST,” said RYAN HATCH, BONNEVILLE SEATTLE Operations Director. “LAURA INGRAHAM is a rising star and we’re excited to add her to a lineup of the most significant national and local conservative talk shows in the country.”

KTTH recently picked up PREMIERE RADIO NETWORKS’ SEAN HANNITY for 4-7p and reduced local host DAVID BOZE to one hour, 3-4p.

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

KING-F/Seattle Hires Mercedes Sanchez As Membership Director

CLASSIC RADIO, INC. Classical KING-F/SEATTLE has named fundraising professional MERCEDES SANCHEZ as Membership Director, reports the SEATTLE TIMES. The position is new at the station, reflecting the transition from commercial to noncommercial, with a target date of JULY 2011.

“́We are thrilled to welcome someone with the caliber of non-profit fundraising expertise as MERCEDES brings to KING FM,” said GM JENNIFER RIDEWOOD. “́Her experience in cultivating members, fundraising, special events, and more will be invaluable as she builds our development department.”

SANCHEZ’ resume includes work with LIFELONG AIDS ALLIANCE, JEWISH FAMILY SERVICE, the LENNY WILKENS FOUNDATION, FARESTART, SWEDISH MEDICAL FOUNDATION, ARTSWEST, and other organizations.

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

ANDREW and CRAIG SKOTDAL are buying their parents ARTHUR and MARIANNE SKOTDAL’s 50% interest in S-R BROADCASTING, licensee of Sports KRKO-A/EVERETT, WA, for $291,202.38 each. ANDREW and CRAIG will each end up with 50% of the company after the transaction.

Pat
    Participant

I wonder how long it will be before KRKO gets a dual ID: KRKO Everett/Seattle? With their new 50kW signal, I’m surprised it hasn’t happened already.

RobP
    Participant

They could do that right now. FCC rules call for calls immediately followed by city of license. You can add whatever city you want afterwards.

Ron Gallagher
    Participant

I always get a chuckle from “KOMO-FM Oakville, Olympia, Tacoma”

paulwalker
    Participant

Yeah, if they were smart the legal should be “KOMO-FM, Oakville, Seattle, Tacoma”.

On a related note, anyone hear about this Canadian outfit trying to bid on Fisher Broadcasting? Rebuked by Fisher big-time, but if the offer goes up, who knows. (Yes, I know the foreign-owned regulations, but there are certainly ways around that.) If this should happen it would most likely mean major changes for both Seattle and Portland on the tv side, and Seattle on the radio side.) Welcome to 2011!

Incidently, Fisher has all but abandoned its CBS affiliate in Idaho Falls/Pocatello (KIDK). They have entered into a “shared services” agreement with the local ABC affiliate (KIFI). KIFI will have all the power here, and will produce KIDK’s newscasts with shared reporters. Close to 30 local tv positions in that market GONE. This is happening more and more in smaller markets. Again, Happy 2011!

RobP
    Participant

>>I always get a chuckle from “KOMO-FM Oakville, Olympia, Tacoma”<<

That’s actually by design. The first part of the ID Is “KOMO, Seattle, Everett”.

Also, the purpose of LMAing 97.7 was to fill in the AM 1000 signal holes in the South Sound. You can’t receive 97.7 clearly in most of King County.

Ron Gallagher
    Participant

Of course you’re right about all that. Just funny to hear KOMO-FM Oakville Guess I;m odd that way..

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 430 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.