Seattle Radio Happenings

This topic contains 429 replies, has 55 voices, and was last updated by  chessyduck 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 430 total)
  • Author

semoochie
    Participant

In that case, it’s a dead format. Check back in five years.

W7PAT
    Participant

I think you misunderstood me. What I meant was that your interpretation of what I said is correct.

semoochie
    Participant

Isn’t the English language amazing? You said something that was 180 degrees from what I thought you meant and we could both be right, based on the wording!

cbaravelli
    Spectator

Thank you, Semoochie.
    Had to re-read the new 27 October 2017 Local Ownership Rules modifications. For Sea-Tac limit is five radio stations on one service. For NYC limit is seven. 45 total stations in one market is the demarc.

semoochie
    Participant

From FCC Rules 2003: • In markets with 45 or more radio stations, a company may own 8 stations, only 5 of which
    may be in one class, AM or FM.

paulwalker
    Participant

Big format changes in Seattle today. After 40 years as country, KMPS 94.1 switches to Soft AC, (which is basically a softer, gold-based version of mainstream AC, but I digress). New calls expected to be KSWD.

That move prompts rocker KVRQ 98.9, to switch to country.

Early thought is if Entercom wants to keep just one country, why would they kill off the heritage brand? And for Soft AC? Perhaps they saw a hole, but I sincerely wonder how big that hole actually is.

Andy Brown
    Participant

“if Entercom wants to keep just one country, why would they kill off the heritage brand? ”

They can morph towards a point in the middle.

Another thought has to do with tech stuff like how do the coverage patterns compare.

jr_tech
    Participant

“Another thought has to do with tech stuff like how do the coverage patterns compare.”

Power (kmps 73 kW, kvrq 68kW), haat (698m), agl(kmps 65m, kvrq 67m) and coverage are virtually identical, both on the same tower (asrn 1056093).

Scott Young
    Participant

Are all of Entercom’s country format stations branded “The Wolf?” If that’s their policy, then it makes sense why they kept the company brand and jettisoned the heritage branded format.

W7PAT
    Participant

This morning 94.1 KMPS switched from a Christmas music format to Adult Contemporary 94.1 The Sound.

paulwalker
    Participant

Yes, as reported earlier on this thread. But yeah, this did happen, and some are wondering if this is just further stunting by Entercom. Soft AC from the 80s/90s? Not really a viable format here at the threshold of 2018.

semoochie
    Participant

I believe that The Wolf gears younger than Kompas. That may have also been a reason.

W7PAT
    Participant

It didn’t take long for a station to replace the KMPS Country format. From Northwest Broadcasters:

12/04/17 – Hubbard Radio has flipped KVRQ-FM Seattle to Country as Country 98.9 with slogan, “Nobody Plays More New Country.” Nothing official on staffing and programming at this time

paulwalker
    Participant

Is there an echo in here? 🙂

semoochie
    Participant

After careful reflection, I have decided that “Kompas” should have an extra “s”.

Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 430 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.