Seattle Radio Happenings

This topic contains 429 replies, has 55 voices, and was last updated by  chessyduck 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 430 total)
  • Author

Andy Brown
    Participant

Yes, the second window closed in October but if you look up the K278BH file, the application for the assignment of the license (Form 345) was accepted for filing on July 29, 2016 (the first day of the second window) and was approved on the first of November.

http://bit.ly/2iPrSo0

The sale closed (consummation in FCC speak) Tuesday of this week.

For a review of the window dates, etc., go here:

http://recnet.com/translator

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

Sinclair Exercises Option To Buy LMA’d KOMO-F/Oakville-Seattle

SINCLAIR BROADCASTING GROUP’s CHESAPEAKE TELEVISION LICENSEE, LLC has filed to officially buy News KOMO-F/OAKVILLE-SEATTLE, WA, translator K249DX/REDMOND, WA, and booster KOMO-FM1/TUKWILA, WA, from SOUTH SOUND BROADCASTING, LLC under an option transferred from previous LMA holder FISHER BROADCASTING-SEATTLE RADIO LLC for $6.75 million. FISHER, and then SINCLAIR, has operated the stations as a simulcast of News KOMO-A/SEATTLE since 2009 (with an amended and restated version in 2012).

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

CHARLIE BANTA’s UNIVERSAL MEDIA ACCESS KKDZ-AM LLC is selling South Asian KKDZ-A (DESI 1250 AM)/SEATTLE to AKAL BROADCASTING CORPORATION for $500,000.

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

ENTERCOM SEATTLE has moved its offices and studios to the 14th floor of the building known as the BANK OF AMERICA TOWER in downtown SEATTLE, one block northeast of the COLUMBIA TOWER and across from the intersection of Columbia Street and 5th Avenue. This affects the following stations: Country KKWF (100.7 THE WOLF), Hot AC KHTP (HOT 103.7), Rock KISW (99.9 FM), Alternative KNDD (107.7 THE END), and SMART REACH DIGITAL.

The mailing address is:
    ENTERCOM SEATTLE
    800 5th Avenue, Suite 1400
    SEATTLE, WA 98104

semoochie
    Participant

For what it’s worth, Hot 103.7 is not Hot AC. It’s Classic Hip-Hop. …a slight difference there.

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from Alll Access:

CHARLIE BANTA’s UNIVERSAL MEDIA ACCESS KKDZ-AM LLC has closed on the sale of South Asian KKDZ-A (DESI 1250 AM)/SEATTLE to AKAL BROADCASTING CORPORATION for $500,000.

e_dawg
    Participant

Looks like Entercom and iHeart Media (Clear Channel) are going to swap stations.

Entercom will take KMPS 94.1 (Country), KISW 99.9 (Rock), KKWF 100.7 (Country), KHTP 103.7 (Classic Hip-Hop), and KNDD 107.7 (Alternative).

iHeart Media will take KJAQ 96.5 (Adult Hits), KZOK 102.5 (Classic Rock), and KFNQ 1090 am (Sports). Since iHeart Media already owns 5 FM/2 AM in the market. KPWK 93.3 (CHR-Top 40), KJR 95.7 (Classic Hits), KFOO 102.9 (Alternative), 104.9 KUBE (Rhythmic-CHR) and KBKS 106.1 (Hot AC) plus KHHO 850 (Sports) and KJR 950 (Sports). iHeart Media will have to spin off these 2 Rimshot stations , KFOO 102.9 and KUBE 104.9. Who will take 102.9 and 104.9 FM?

Entercom Trades Boston & Seattle Spin-Offs To iHeartMedia For Richmond & Chattanooga

cbaravelli
    Spectator

Seven stations (two in a divestiture trust) in NYC and SEA for 15 in Richmond – VA and Chattanooga – TN. Interesting. If I were Clear Chann – I mean iHeart, wouldn’t dumping the two Sea-Tac AM non-ESPN sports talkers make more sense?

boisebill
    Participant

Maybe the AM’s weren’t worth enough to be in the pot.

Andy Brown
    Participant

iHeart is in the pre-bankruptcy mode. Most likely that is the underlying reason for much of what they do because once they file Chapter whatever, they lose total control over what they do.

semoochie
    Participant

“If I were Clear Chann – I mean iHeart, wouldn’t dumping the two Sea-Tac AM non-ESPN sports talkers make more sense?” The issue is that this will give IHeart 7 FMs, which is two above the limit, so they must divest. The two AMs don’t have anything to do with it.

W7PAT
    Participant

Perhaps Sinclair will buy one of the FM stations and move KOMO-FM. That would allow the FM to be heard better in Seattle and north. You can’t get KOMO-FM in Everett because of a Vancouver, BC station.

Andy Brown
    Participant

“move KOMO-FM”

Nope. Can’t move it significantly.

Obviously can’t go north, can’t go east (KING FM 2nd adj. barely clear – that’s why they are so far to the west of Seattle to begin with) and going south or west is counterproductive. KOMO already uses a deep null DA to protect co channel CBUF because they are short spaced, so the bottom line is that 97.9 will never cover Everett unless CBUF changes parameters.

semoochie
    Participant

I don’t think that’s what he meant. I think he was talking about purchasing an actual Seattle FM and moving KOMO’s programming to the new frequency. I don’t believe that scenario is very likely.

W7PAT
    Participant

That is what I meant Semoochie. Since there are two stations up for sale…

Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 430 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.