Seattle Radio Happenings

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 452 total)
  • Author
    Andy Brown
    Participant

“industry wide, not just CC.”

Actually, CC owns so many stations that whatever they do can be considered “industry wide.”

It could also be said that other smaller groups doing similar changes are just copying CC, because as is evidenced over the last three decades there are precious few original thinkers left in the business.

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

The Commission issued notices of unlicensed broadcast station operation to several more entities, including:

BELMONT REPUBLICAN ASSOCIATION (SEATTLE, WA)

ALAN STUART ESKENAZY (SEATTLE, WA)

RYAN MICHAEL JENSEN (SEATTLE, WA)

MICHAEL D. ROSCETTI (AUBURN, WA)

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

PRC TACOMA — I LLC is requesting an extension of tits Silent STA for KXOT/TACOMA, WA while it procures a main studio.

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

—-Bonneville/Seattle Ups Pete Gammell, Jason Antebi To PDs, Brian Long To Sr. Dir./Programming—-

BONNEVILLE SEATTLE has upped Talk KIRO-F/SEATTLE News Director PETE GAMMELL to Director of News and Programming for the station, and has upped KIRO APD and weekend Executive Producer JASON ANTEBI to PD of Talk KTTH-A as well as retaining his KIRO weekend duties. At the same time, Sports KIRO-A (710 ESPN SEATTLE) PD BRIAN LONG adds the title of Senior Director of Programming for the cluster. The moves follow LARRY GIFFORD’s exit from the stations earlier this year.

GAMMELL has been News Director at KIRO for the last three years; he began at KIRO in 2000 and left for a stint at CBS RADIO News KCBS-A-KFRC-F/SAN FRANCISCO in 2006-08. “I am honored to be a part of KIRO Radio – one of the heritage news talk radio stations in SEATTLE and across the nation,” said GAMMELL. “I truly believe we have some of the best talent in the business and I hope to continue to grow and enhance our news and programs.”

VP/Market Manager CARL GARDNER said, “PETE instinctively understands KIRO Radio. He was born and raised in TACOMA, educated in SEATTLE, came up through the KIRO Radio newsroom and has been a leader in shaping KIRO’s distinctive blend of news and conversation. More than anyone, PETE just gets the unique role this station plays in our community.”

ANTEBI joined KIRO as APD in 2011 after stints as a producer at CBS RADIO Talk KLSX/LOS ANGELES and CLEAR CHANNEL Talk KFI-A/LOS ANGELES, as Executive Producer at GREENSTONE MEDIA, and Executive Producer of PHIL HENDRIE’s TALK RADIO NETWORK show. “I’m excited to be given the opportunity to navigate KTTH into a premiere brand that reflects the values and beliefs of our audience,” said ANTEBI. “I believe we have one of the best line-ups of talk radio personalities in the country and one of the best local talents in our own DAVID BOZE.”

“JASON has won us all over with his relentless dedication and top-notch work,” said GARDNER “He’s a fan of KTTH, with a keen understanding of the station’s core listener. We’re excited to see what he can do as a Program Director for KTTH.”

LONG, PD at 710 ESPN since 2010 and former APD at ESPN Sports KSPN-A/LOS ANGELES, said, “I am excited to be working with two programmers I respect and admire, I look forward to collaborating with PETE and JASON to continue building upon these unique brands.”

GARDNER added, “BRIAN is a talented programmer and proven ratings winner. He brings experience, focus, and a leadership style that will be invaluable to our content teams on all three stations.”

RadioBuggie
    Participant

KIRO has dug itself a huge hole.

…How many program directors have they had in the past 3 years anyway?

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

KNDD Names Garett Michaels PD—-Dave Richards To Program KMTT

ENTERCOM Alternative KNDD (107.7 THE END)/SEATTLE has named GARETT MICHAELS PD, effective APRIL 15th. With MICHAELS taking over KNDD, ENTERCOM/SEATTLE VP/ Programming DAVE RICHARDS will take over the programming of AAA sister KMTT (THE MOUNTAIN), effective immediately.

He replaces MIKE KAPLAN, who moves to CCM+E Alternative KYSR (987FM)/LOS ANGELES as PD next month (NET NEWS 3/18). A veteran programmer who most recently launched and programmed Alternative KBZT (FM 94/9)/SAN DIEGO, ‘MICHAELS’ programming resume also includes KYPT/SEATTLE, WPLT/DETROIT and WPLY/PHILADELPHIA.

“In a city as unique and music rich as SEATTLE, it’s critical to have a person with the right combination of creativity, strategy and vision, to lead an iconic Alternative radio station like THE END to the next level,” VP/Programming DAVE RICHARDS said. “I’m proud that we could bring GARETT in to take the 21-year-old symbolic SEATTLE music brand of 107.7 THE END to new heights.”

“The extensive journey to discover my next career opportunity has come to THE END,” MICHAELS said. “My family and I are absolutely ecstatic about returning to SEATTLE. It’s an honor to be invited to join the select and outstanding programmers at ENTERCOM. A huge thanks to PAT PAXTON, JACK HUTCHISON and DAVE RICHARDS. I can’t wait to get started.”

RobP
    Participant

This from ALL ACCESS:

CCM+E/Seattle Names Keith Cunningham VP/Programming

CLEAR CHANNEL MEDIA + ENTERTAINMENT/SEATTLE has named KEITH CUNNINGHAM VP/Programming, effective MAY 19th. Previously Broadcast Media Consultant for JACOBS MEDIA, CUNNINGHAM will oversee all programming operations for CLEAR CHANNEL/SEATTLE’s seven-station cluster.

“The past seven years with JACOBS MEDIA has been a wonderful experience, and I feel fortunate to now have the opportunity to return to CLEAR CHANNEL MEDIA + ENTERTAINMENT to work with SEATTLE’s great brands like KISS, KUBE, KJR AM & FM and THE BREW,” CUNNINGHAM said. “The CLEAR CHANNEL/SEATTLE cluster is well positioned for growth — the resources available to the team are second to none and each brand is loaded with great talent, both on and off the air.”

“I am excited to have KEITH join the CLEAR CHANNEL/SEATTLE management team,” CLEAR CHANNEL/SEATTLE Market Pres. LISA DECKER said. “He brings a wide-range of experience and knowledge to our programming operations and is well suited to lead our brands and talent to be the best they can be.”

“KEITH’s past experience working with multiple brands in a variety of markets will bring strong leadership and a unique vision to our management team in SEATTLE,”

CCM+E SVP/Programming BRAD HARDIN said. “I look forward to working with KEITH to grow our already strong listener base.”

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

Marco Collins Working On Documentary About ’90s Seattle Music Scene

Former ENTERCOM Alternative KNDD (107.7 THE END)/SEATTLE MD/afternooner MARCO COLLINS will be featured in a documentary about the SEATTLE scene as seen through his eyes (circa ’91-’97) and the legacy of THE END. The legendary ROCK & ROLL HALL OF FAME DJ says “THE GLAMOUR AND THE SQUALOR” is currently in production and launched a KICKSTARTER campaign through MAY 31st to help raise finishing funds.

Director MARK EVANS put out a call-to-contribute to SEATTLE-area music fans who may have been chronicling the rise of the grunge-era in the PACIFIC NORTHWEST during the early-mid-’90s.

Interested parties can contact the producers at: info@glamoursqualorfilm.com.

Check out the trailer here: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/glamoursqualorfilm/the-glamour-and-the-squalor-a-documentary-film

Chico
    Participant

I know we have more than a few Smooooooth Jazz fans on this board. While I wish you could get it in PDX, 1560 KZIZ Sumner WA is switching to the Smooth Jazz Network over the next few weeks. Chris “Kris” Bennett does stream his stations here; http://www.ztwins.com/ As of this moment he has not made the transition.

semoochie
    Participant

We have a Smooth Jazz station. It’s KKCW HD2 103.3 and the last time I listened, it was indistinguishable from KIJZ, using the same people.

Craig_Adams
    Participant

PPM Analysis For Seattle

ALL ACCESS presents MAY PPM market highlights, compiled by the Ratings Experts at RESEARCH DIRECTOR, INC. and powered by XTRENDS, radio’s #1 PPM and diary analysis tool. All numbers reflect subscriber only data.

SEATTLE-TACOMA: Things Are Really Movin’

When you surprise a market and move into the #1 position, people can write it off as a fluke. When you do it a second time, it can be written off as an anomaly. However, when you top the charts three months in a row, you have to say this is a trend. That is what SANDUSKY Top 40/M KQMV (MOVIN) has done, as it posted its best book in over a year (5.2-6.0) to strengthen its hold on the top position. This was possibly one of the most competitive markets in the U.S. as the top-five spots were separated by one share point. ENTERCOM Country KKWF (THE WOLF) moved out of a tie at #3 into the #2 position with its best performance in over a year (5.0-5.6).

SANDUSKY AC KRWM (WARM) was up for the second straight survey (5.0-5.2) to remain in a tie at #3, though it was sharing the space with CBS RADIO Classic Rock KZOK, which moved up from #5 (4.8-5.2) by posting — you guessed it — the station’s best book in over a year. UNIVERSITY OF WASHINGTON N/T KUOW reversed a three-book slide to move up a notch to #5 (4.6-5.0). To prove how tight the market is, CRISTA Contemporary Christian KCMS (SPIRIT) had a slight down trend (5.1-4.9) yet fell from #2 to #6.

During the HOLIDAY book, KKWF was licking its paws as it sat at #12 25-54. Well, the station had been up in every survey since, and this month climbed from #3 to #1 to, ahem, lead the pack (we have been waiting a long time to use that line). KZOK had also been on a pretty substantial two-book run that saw the station rise from a tie at #7 to its second consecutive second-place finish. KQMV reversed a minor two-book slide to post its best number in over a year and glide from #4 to #3. The market was very compressed in this demo and ENTERCOM Active Rock KISW illustrated that point. The station had an ever-so-slight down trend yet it fell from #1 to #4. Exactly one year ago, KCMS was in a tie at #17. This station also experienced a slight down trend this go around but managed to hold on to its #5 position.

For the third straight survey, KKWF popped a huge number to remain #1 18-34. How rapid has the station’s rise been? During the HOLIDAY survey it was sitting at #12 and has added over six shares to its wiry frame since then. KQMV ended a two-book slide and matched its best book of the last year to take over sole possession of #2. CCM+E Top 40/R KUBE slipped out of a tie at #2 to the #3 spot while CBS RADIO Country KMPS became the lone resident at #4. CCM+E Top 40/M KBKS (KISS) was off slightly yet managed to move up a spot to #5. ENTERCOM Alternative KNDD (THE END) was also down a bit and dropped from a tie at #4 into a tie at #6 with KISW.

KQMV ended a two-book sabbatical and returned to the top spot (from #3) 18-49 by landing its best book in over a year. This forced last month’s co-leaders to take some steps back. KKWF dropped to #2 even though it, too, had its best book in over a year, and KISW dropped to #3. KZOK has been on a tear the last couple of months that has seen the station sky rocket from #14 to #6 to its latest incarnation at #4. KBKS slipped a bit and dropped from #4 to #5 while KNDD slid from #5 to #7.

Master of Disaster
    Participant

Wanna defeat Lady GaGa at a game of poker or maybe call Carly Rae Jepsen? You can 102.9 Now their music:

http://radioinsight.com/blog/headlines/83816/clear-channel-launches-102-9-now-seattle/

The article says KJR’s sports format stays on 950 AM.

semoochie
    Participant

For the one who was wondering, here is the Seattle board. I found it as the second entry on the second page.

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

The FCC has issued several Notices of Violation for various infractions at radio stations.

Letters have gone out to JEAN J. SUH for missing political files and other paperwork at KSUH-A/FEDERAL WAY, WA.

FAMILY STATIONS, INC. for missing issues/programs lists in the public file at KARR-A/KIRKLAND, WA.

Chico
    Participant

KARR/ Family Stations probably figured they didn’t need to keep many records, what with the end of the world on the way and whatnot. Then again, they are going to lose their towers/array in a few months anyway, so there is that VIRTUAL end of the world…

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 452 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.