Seattle Radio Happenings

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 452 total)
  • Author
    RobP
    Participant

This from ALL ACCESS:

KRWM Names Mark Christopher For Mornings

SANDUSKY AC KRWM (WARM 106.9)/SEATTLE announces the addition of MARK CHRISTOPHER as its new morning show host.

CHRISTOPHER is a SEATTLE native and radio veteran who began his broadcasting careen (sic) in 1981. He can currently be seen on KCTS-TV (CHANNEL 9) hosting “The Cooks” series, on various pledge drives for PBS, and other charity and community events.

According to SANDUSKY GM MARC KAYE, “We are so excited to have MARK join us. His history in the market and love of SEATTLE and WARM 106.9 is the perfect combination for all the great things we expect.”

Shellie Hart Joins KRWM For Middays

SANDUSKY AC KRWM (WARM 106.9)/SEATTLE announces the addition of local radio veteran SHELLIE HART for middays from 9a-2p beginning on MONDAY (OCTOBER 15th).

SHELLIE HART is well-known in the SEATTLE area where she was PD/middays at crosstown Rhythmic Top 40 KUBE 93 for 20 years, where she hosted the noontime feature “THE OLD SCHOOL LUNCH.” SHELLIE has also been involved as an on-court emcee for the SEATTLE STORM WNBA team since 2000.

According to SANDUSKY/SEATTLE VP/GM MARC KAYE, “How fortunate we are to be able to welcome such a radio superstar to the WARM family. I can’t wait to hear SHELLIE on 106.9 FM on MONDAY. I will be tuning in!”

SHELLIE HART added, “I couldn’t be more excited! WARM 106.9 is a giant, powerful brand in the NORTHWEST and a perfect fit with my fun, active and engaged personality. Growing up in SEATTLE, the WARM legacy feels like home to me and a partnership with endless possibilities. Can’t wait to connect and engage again!”

Carey Edwards Gets Warm In Seattle For A Couple of Weeks

Former CLEAR CHANNEL Classic Hits KLTH and AC KKCW (K103)/PORTLAND APD/afternooner CAREY EDWARDS has resurfaced at SANDUSKY KRWM (WARM 106.9)/SEATTLE to do afternoon drive 2-7p for the next couple of weeks.

RobP
    Participant

This from ALL ACCESS:

Matt Stockman Named PD At KCMS

CRISTA BROADCASTING Contemporary Christian KCMS (SPIRIT 105.3)/SEATTLE taps MATT STOCKMAN as its new PD, replacing SCOTT VALENTINE, who left his role for a radio station in NEW YORK, reports THE SHORELINE AREA NEWS.

STOCKMAN he was at WMIT/ASHEVILLE for about 8 years most recently, before heading to EUROPE to help a radio station in SPAIN. Previous stops include WZTO/NASHVILLE, WRXT/ROANOKE- LYNCHBURG andWBDX/CHATTANOOGA.

“KCMS is very much in need of someone with great people skills and natural leadership ability,” VP STAN MAK told THE NEWS. “MATT brings the ideal radio programming experience to KCMS.”

“I am thrilled to join CRISTA BROADCASTING,” said STOCKMAN. “Working for a legendary radio station like SPIRIT 105.3 is a privilege and honor.”

KNDD APD/MD/Middayer Harms Exiting After Nearly 14 Years At The Station

ENTERCOM Alternative KNDD (107.7 THE END)/SEATTLE APD/MD/middayer ANDREW HARMS has resigned after nearly 14 years at THE END to pursue other opportunities. His last day will be FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 2nd.

HARMS said, “As I look to the future, I’ll always be grateful for the time I was able to spend working at this legendary station. Aside from traveling, working on my house and pulling my fantasy football teams out of the gutter — I have no solid plans at the moment. I firmly believe that work stuff will take care of itself and in the long run — this is without a shadow of a doubt the correct decision for me and my family. I’ve been at THE END since I was 19, it’s the only real place that I’ve worked — it’s time to see what else is in this big world.”

KNDD PD MIKE KAPLAN told ALL ACCESS, “HARMS is moving on to begin the next chapter of his life. For over a decade he’s been a staple of THE END, starting as a intern in college then ascending to APD in recent years. HARMS is a great talent both on and off air and true fan of the music. We will miss him.

“HARMS will say his good-bye to SEATTLEITES with an on-air party on FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 2nd.

“In the interim BRYCE will fill in during middays as I begin the nationwide search for an assistant programmer who is a natural leader and engaging on-air communicator.”

RobP
    Participant

This from “Al Peterson’s News/Talk Online”:

Bonneville/Seattle announces a number of major moves, including new morning shows at both KIRO-FM and KTTH.

At KIRO, popular Emerald City radio and TV personality John Curley will move from nights to mornings on the station, taking over as the new host of Seattle’s Morning News, effective October 22nd. He’ll be joined by co-host Tom Tangney and 20-year KIRO news veteran Ursula Reutin, who moves up to mornings from middays. Current morning news anchor Linda Thomas moves to a new role as Senior Features Reporter, where she’ll focus on enterprise reporting for all of Bonneville’s Seattle radio stations and digital platforms, including MyNorthwest.com. She’ll also continue tweeting and posting on social media under her pseudonym, The News Chick.

Finally, across the hall at conservative Talk KTTH, longtime Seattle radio veteran David Boze will move from his current 3-4pm slot to a newly expanded local morning show, where he’ll air from 6-9am, beginning January 2nd, 2013. The move to wake-ups will mark the popular local host’s 10th anniversary with KTTH. He’ll replace the syndicated Glenn Beck Show when he makes the move to morning drive.

semoochie
    Participant

I happened to flip by KXXO Mix 96.1 and heard “Blow Me(One Last Kiss!). I thought they were a Soft AC, as opposed to Mainstream and the other selections seemed to bear that out.

RobP
    Participant

A decade ago KXXO was soft AC, but now they’re mainstream AC. Interesting read on the state of the format: http://www.radioinfo.com/2012/10/22/the-state-and-scope-of-adult-contemporary-ac-radio/

W7PAT
    Participant

KKCW seem to be more mainstream AC as well.

semoochie
    Participant

K103 has been Mainstream AC since changing from “Love Songs” in the mid 80s! It’s just that evolution has had some help lately. KXXO still plays some of the traditional titles, long gone from KKCW.

CouvMan
    Participant

Bring back Rock of The 80’s KPAM AM

RobP
    Participant

This from ALL ACCESS:

KRWM Names Matt Case For Afternoons

SANDUSKY AC KRWM (WARM 106.9)/SEATTLE has added market veteran MATT CASE for afternoons from 2-7p. MATT CASE is a SEATTLE native who’s(sic) experience includes on-air at KLSY (MIX 92.5), Morning Show Producer at KKWF (100.7 THE WOLF), and most recently at KCMS (SPIRIT 105.3) where he worked the past 4 1/2 years.

CASE said, “I am pumped and excited to be able to work with MARK CHRISTOPHER and SHELLIE HART, two legends in the industry. I can’t wait to work and learn from these pros. To be on the same team as them is so cool and to work again with MARC KAYE is like, ‘is this for real?’ WARM is such an integral part of so many people’s lives in SEATTLE and so well known and respected around the country with a winning tradition and great history. The long tradition of DJ’s before me made the station great and I can’t wait to build on it.”

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

PPM Analysis: SEATTLE-TACOMA: Everybody’s Shufflin’

Strange days, indeed, as stations move all over the place. One thing that remained the same was ENTERCOM Active Rock KISW (THE ROCK). Despite scoring its lowest rating of 2012 (5.4-4.8), the station remained #1 for the third book in a row. After that, things got weird. SANDUSKY AC KRWM (WARM) was on a three-book slide (4.7-4.6) yet it moved up into a three-way tie at #2. BONNEVILLE Talk KIRO-F posted its lowest number since sleigh bells were ringing (4.8-4.6) yet it also moved up, from #3 into a tie at #2. Not to be outdone, UNIVERSITY OF WASHINGTON N/T KUOW landed its lowest book since APRIL (5.1-4.6) but remained at #2, albeit in the company of others. Launching itself back into the top 5 for the first time since JUNE (3.9-4.3) was CCM+E Top 40/M KBKS (KISS FM).

Way back in JULY, BONNEVILLE Sports KIRO-A was playing as well as the MARINERS and were tied at #17. This time, the station leapfrogged from a tie at #9 to #6 (3.8-4.1). What followed was another three-way tie — this time at #7. CRISTA Christian Contemporary KCMS (SPIRIT) posted its best book in 2012 (3.8-4.0). SANDUSKY Top 40/M KQMV (MOVIN) rode a two-book slide (4.3-4.0) while CCM+E Classic Hits KJR-F matched its best book of the year (3.6-4.0). But wait, there’s more. Two stations were tied at #10. CBS RADIO Classic Rock KZOK took a bit of a tumble (4.6-3.9), dropping down from its previous position at #5. ENTERCOM Country KKWF (THE WOLF) was on the road to recovery as it rose from a tie at #13 (3.6-3.9). FISHER Hot AC KPLZ (STAR) was not shining as brightly as it plummeted from #7 to a tie at #15 (4.2-3.4)

Things were only slightly less turbulent 25-54. For the tenth book in a row KISW was #1. CBS RADIO Adult Hits KJAQ (JACK FM) moved up a notch to #2, flip-flopping with KZOK. As recently as JULY, KIRO-A was #16 in this demo. By posting its best number in over a year, it rose to #4. There was a three-way tie at #5. KBKS rocketed up from #11 while KCMS posted its best showing in over a year to perform the leap-of-the-week from a tie at #12. KKWF’s rebound continued as it moved up from #9. Two stations had the misfortune of being excused from the top 5 — KUOW and KPLZ.

The shufflin’ continued 18-34 as KBKS was back on top for the first time since JUNE. Last month, CCM+E Top 40/R KUBE and KQMV were tied at #1. This month both stations maintained their togetherness routine and were tied at #2. KISW was off a bit and fell from a tie at #3 to a tie at #4 with KPLZ, which had the most enormous book it has seen in over a year.

It is now 10 books in a row that KISW had been #1 18-49. KBKS was the new #2 as it inched up from #3, swapping places with KQMV, which was on a pretty noticeable three-book slide. KKWF reared its ugly head (that’s a wolf joke, not a personal attack) and sprinted from #5 to #4. Two months ago, KPLZ was #13 but now found itself in a tie at #5 with ENTERCOM Alternative KNDD (THE END), which did an end-around from a tie at #11. Dropped from the top 5 roster was KUBE, which fell into a tie at #7.

RobP
    Participant

This from ALL ACCESS:

KRWM Names Carol Handley For PD/On-Air Duties

SANDUSKY AC KRWM (WARM 106.9)/SEATTLE has named local radio veteran programmer CAROL HANDLEY for PD/on-air duties effective on TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 6th.

CAROL HANDLEY’s experience includes stops at KZAM, KJZZ-A KEZX, KKNW and 14 years as PD KWJZ. HANDLEY is also the owner-operator of the stream-only radio station SMOOTH/SEATTLE.

According to HANDLEY, “I’m so proud to lead a great team at WARM 106.9fm and to be back in the SANDUSKY/SEATTLE house. These are high-caliber radio professionals who know how to connect with an audience, have fun doing it, and making the at-work listening experience the best in the city. I’m looking forward to working with the entire staff to take WARM 106.9 into the future.”

WARM 106.9 GM MARC KAYE added, “We are all excited to have CAROL back in the building. After spending so many successful years at the programming helm at KWJZ, we are looking forward to CAROL putting her programming expertise stamp on the WARM brand.”

RadioBuggie
    Participant

Word is AM-1090 Seattle will be changing format to sports this January 1st…

Apparently CBS Radio wants to market their new sports network…

Jeffrey Kopp
    Participant
    msndrspdx
    Participant

Is this the start of a trend? Is KPTK Clear Channel owned? If it is, then fasten your seatbelts…

Best, M. 8)

Notalent
    Participant

go back and read the article or this thread KPTK is CBS owned.

Changing progg stations to sports is industry wide, not just CC.

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 452 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.