Seattle Radio Happenings

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 452 total)
  • Author
    Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

Rob ‘T-Man’ Tepper Named Co-Host Of Fox Sports Radio’s Night Show

Former CLEAR CHANNEL Top 40/Rhythmic KUBE/SEATTLE morning host ROB “T-MAN” TEPPER has been named the new co-host of FOX SPORTS RADIO’s “FOX SPORTS TONIGHT” weeknight show, alongside incumbent ROB DIBBLE, the former CINCINNATI REDS reliever and ESPN RADIO DAN PATRICK sidekick. TEPPER, who has been filling in on FSR, will join the show on MONDAY (1/9).

“Being on the air in more than 200 cities across the country on FOX SPORTS TONIGHT is very exciting,” said TEPPER. “I’m hoping my crazy personality can add to what ROB DIBBLE is starting to build. I can’t wait to get started.”

DIBBLE added, “I couldn’t be more excited — with ROB’s energy and FM morning show experience, I know this show is going to do great things. Get ready to be rocked!”

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Alleged Pirates Put On Notice By FCC

In other FCC notices, the Commission has also issued several notices of unlicensed operation to alleged pirates, including:

WILLIAM A. HUNTLEY and CATHERINE S. HOM (OLYMPIA, WA)

W7PAT
    Participant

I wonder if they are the pirates on 101.1 in Olympia?

Chico
    Participant

Huntley and Hom are “Radio Free Olympia” at 98.5. They have been operating for the better part of 10+ (!) years. Suddenly they are a problem? I wonder what is different today than last year, or five years ago. I guess somebody finally complained? A legitimate commercial broadcaster contacted them when they were sitting too close to one of his frequencies, and they moved, so I know it wasn’t him.

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

Tony Thomas Exits KMPS After 22 Years – Replacing Is Pat Garrett

CBS RADIO Country KMPS/SEATTLE’s longtime MD/air personality of 22 years, TONY THOMAS, has exited as of YESTERDAY (1/6). Also departing is Programming Assistant MARISSA DION.

Replacing THOMAS for MD/afternoons, is PAT GARRETT, formerly of CUMULUS Country KUBL/SALT LAKE CITY.

Reach out to TONY at tony.thomas.now@gmail.com and http://www.facebook.com/tonythomas.

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

KLCK Hires Brad Nolan For Afternoons

SANDUSKY BROADCASTING Modern Music KLCK (CLICK 98.9)/SEATTLE has hired BRAD NOLAN for PM drive, effective FEBRUARY 20th.

NOLAN arrives from CLEAR CHANNEL Hot AC KBIG (104.3MYfm)/LOS ANGELES, where he most recently produced the afternoon-drive show.

CLICK 98.9 PD MAYNARD said, “BRAD was a perfect fit from the first time I heard him and his passion is contagious!”

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

KMTT Introduces Two New Music Platforms

ENTERCOM Classic Triple A KMTT (103.7 THE MOUNTAIN)/SEATTLE has announced the addition of two new music platforms to its listeners this morning. The station has extended the brand to include a New Music Discovery HD2 channel, MOUNTAIN2, and a website dedicated to the station’s heritage MOUNTAIN MUSIC LOUNGE sessions, MountainMusicLounge.com.

THE MOUNTAIN2-HD2 is designed for music fans that are looking for a wide variety of music discovery, from emerging artists on the music scene to established MOUNTAIN artists, and more. Listeners will find the new station three different ways: 103.7’s HD2 signal, streaming online at 1037themountain.com and on the station’s mobile iPhone app.

MountainMusicLounge.com includes exclusive recordings from MOUNTAIN artists over the past 20 years compiled together for the first time ever. The website contains over 800 artist recordings and videos ranging from vintage DAVID BOWIE and ALLMAN BROTHERS sessions to private sets from GRAMMY AWARD-winning artists such as ADELE, DEATH CAB FOR CUTIE, COLDPLAY and ELVIS COSTELLO.

“For over 20 years, our world-class 103.7 THE MOUNTAIN has always strived to improve and reach further at giving our loyal fans what they want in a radio station,” said KMTT PD MIKE KAPLAN. “The launch of these two exciting brand extensions only reinforces our goal of putting the listener first.”

msndrspdx
    Participant

I wouldn’t be surprised if Entercom does something like this at one or more of their Portland stations!

Best, M. 8)

Notalent
    Participant

Sounds more like KMTT is doing something like KNRK HD-2.

semoochie
    Participant

I believe KNRK’s HD2 is the same as The End’s.

Craig_Adams
    Participant

Stephen Kilbreath Exits KMPS

CBS RADIO Country KMPS/SEATTLE cuts ties with market veteran STEPHEN KILBREATH. KILBREATH was KMPS Morning Show co-host and News Director for 4 years, and through 5 morning shows.

He previously was the co-host of the T-MAN In The Morning show on KUBE for 12 1/2 years.

Wanna get in touch? http://www.facebook.com/kilbreath.

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

Paul Duckworth Joining KOMO/Seattle As PD

PAUL DUCKWORTH’s retirement didn’t last long, as the veteran programmer, who’s been taking it as easy as he could in FLORIDA for the past year, is returning to FISHER News KOMO-A-F/SEATTLE as PD, starting APRIL 16th. DUCKWORTH programmed the station, then Talk, in 1997-2002; he has also programmed WMAL-A/WASHINGTON, KPAM-A/PORTLAND, KVI-A/SEATTLE, and WDBO-A/ORLANDO, and most recently helmed CUMULUS Talk KLIF-A/DALLAS.

DUCKWORTH tells ALL ACCESS that he is “looking forward to working with VP/GM JIM CLAYTON, an extraordinary staff, and being reunited with some great friends. It’s a thrill to be going back home. Anybody got an umbrella?”

paulwalker
    Participant

Wow. This guy knows his stuff. KOMO will probably have a much bigger market sound once he gets in place. Love it.

RobP
    Participant

Agreed. Not only that, Paul was instrumental in making KVI such a success in the late ’90s. Hopefully he’ll also take over that station which now has less listeners than ever before.

Broadway
    Participant

>>success in the late ’90s

Which brings to mind a question, is there any web site that has graphs of station’s ARB ratings over the years?

semoochie
    Participant

That would be quite an undertaking!

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 452 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.