Seattle Radio Happenings

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 452 total)
  • Author
    Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

KMTT Adjusts Programming Approach – Shawn Stewart Exits

ENTERCOM Triple A KMTT (THE MOUNTAIN)/SEATTLE continues its musical evolution under the guidance of PD MIKE KAPLAN, moving toward a more Classic Triple A approach, while still playing some current releases from the format’s core artists. The new station branding message is “Timeless Music … Quality Rock.”

KAPLAN told ALLACCESS.COM, “We’ve added more timeless music, proven quality rock. THE MOUNTAIN will still target the same adult rock audience who is adventurous, enlightened and musically discerning: U2 to COLDPLAY, PEARL JAM to LED ZEPPELIN, MUMFORD to R.E.M.”

Further, longtime station MD/host SHAWN STEWART has exited the building, while hosts JOHN FISHER and MARTY RIEMER remain. KAPLAN said of STEWART, “She’s a well-liked and dedicated talent who will be missed. For now I’ll be absorbing her music responsibilities.”

You can reach out to STEWART at ssmusicprojects@gmail.com.

RobP
    Participant

I won’t link to it here, but I’d heartily recommend going to that other radio info site, look up the Seattle board and see what choice comments KINK’s PD posted about the recent KMTT moves…(and yes, I know she was the first PD at KMTT)

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

KQMV PD Maynard Doubles Up On KLCK

SANDUSKY RADIO Top 40/Mainstream KQMV (MOViN 92.5)/SEATTLE PD MAYNARD has been appointed Acting PD for Modern AC sister KLCK (CLICK 98.9). Along with his current PD duties at MOViN, MAYNARD will be taking on all of the programming aspects of the station effective immediately.

“The opportunities for CLICK in the SEATTLE market are huge and we are looking forward to having MAYNARD accomplish these goals,” SANDUSKY GM MARC KAYE said.

MAYNARD can be reached at maynard@click989.com.

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

Jim Trapp Returns To Seattle As PD Of KJAQ

Veteran programmer, JIM TRAPP has been named PD of CBS Adult Hits KJAQ (96.5 JACK-fm)/SEATTLE effective DECEMBER 15th. He replaces CAREY CURELOP, who continues as PD of Classic Rock KZOK and Talk KPTK-A. TRAPP successfully launched KJAQ in 2005, and has also programmed radio stations in HOUSTON, CLEVELAND, SACRAMENTO and PHOENIX. Most recently, TRAPP was PD of sister Alternative KXTE (X107.5)/LAS VEGAS. He successfully positioned the station from 14th to third-place, with listeners 18-34.

CBS/SEATTLE SVP/Market Manager KEVIN MCCARTHY commented, “It is a pleasure to welcome JIM back to SEATTLE. We were already blessed having two of AMERICA’s top programming talents in CAREY CURELOP and ED HILL, who lead our programming efforts at KZOK and KMPS, respectively. JIM’s addition to the team gives us a major leg up in cornering the smart guy market.”

TRAPP said, “I guess CHRISTMAS came early this year, the best city in AMERICA, my favorite radio station ever, and a building full of the best radio folk you could ever want to work with. This is going to be fun!

Joe
    Participant

Educational Media Foundation (EMF) used their CP on 88.1 KLOP to boost the power of their transmitter in Capitol State Forest to 76,000 watts. Which as you can see from the Radio-Locator map: http://radio-locator.net/cgi-bin/pat?call=KLOP&service=FM&status=L&hours=U means they are now reaching into Seattle.

They also changed the format of 88.1 from K-Love to Air 1.

Also, on a side note: I tuned in to 88.1 in Hillsboro and could hear Air 1 in the background of 88.3’s signal.

Randy_in_Eugene
    Participant

Air 1 makes more sense on that frequency than essentially duplicating heritage Christian AC, KCMS.

semoochie
    Participant

I’ve been getting KLOP all over town, not well but definitely there! The screwiest thing though is that I’m suddenly getting KKNU. Where did that come from? If I didn’t know better, I’d swear they’d switched to the KDUK/KFLY tower.

Borderblaster
    Participant

More Airhead-one crap

Broadway
    Participant

>>Christian AC, KCMS

There will be changes in their ratings…maybe as much as a point less in ARB.

jr_tech
    Participant

Joe said:

“Also, on a side note: I tuned in to 88.1 in Hillsboro and could hear Air 1 in the background of 88.3’s signal.”

That also may be KGRI Lebanon…With my antenna pointed south from Hillsboro, I get a decent signal from it most of the time…I hear Air 1 with my antenna pointed north, It was fairly strong earlier, but is weak now…I assume it is KLOP, but I have never heard clear ID.

semoochie said:

“I’ve been getting KLOP all over town, not well but definitely there! The screwiest thing though is that I’m suddenly getting KKNU.”

Did you get a clear ID for KLOP? The KKNU reception perhaps is an indication of enhanced reception from the south, so is it possible that you could have been hearing KGRI Lebanon?

update (1:00): just got an ID on KLOP with my antenna pointed north…very weak in Hillsboro.

semoochie
    Participant

I first picked it up on 122nd and Halsey at about the same quality as KOMO and the KJR repeater so that was definitely KLOP. I’ve received 88.1 all over town and never have before, so it makes the most sense that it’s KLOP. KKNU is the only Eugene station that’s been coming in and I’ve noticed it over the span of several days in various parts of the metro area.

jr_tech
    Participant

Thanks for the clarification!

The West Hills make a pretty good selector… with an omni-directional antenna, 96.1 on this side is nearly always KZEL, on the east side KXXO.

I also have heard a similar KDUK/KDUX 104.7 terrain selection… very confusing because of the similar call letters.

semoochie
    Participant

I haven’t received KDUX since I had an antenna rotor at a house I moved out of, in 1978, long before KDUK existed.

jr_tech
    Participant

Today, with my antenna pointed NNW, KDUX can only be *faintly detected* as a minor interference to KDUK, but it can be quite decent in the summer.

Waynes World
    Participant

Is KIXI 880 keeping its Sinatra style format? I would like to see that return to Portland on FM somewhere.

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 452 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.