Seattle Radio Happenings

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 503 total)
  • Author
    msndrspdx
    Participant

KKSN-AM is dead last in the new ratings…see separate thread started by Craig Adams for details. Let’s see if Entercom actually picks up the phone and calls Dave Stone. He’d take it in a Jumpin’ Jack Flash 😆 wouldn’t he? Best, M. 8)

Notalent
    Participant

The problem with your theory, msndrspdx, is that Dave Stone doesn’t have to work for cheap money.

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

KJR-A/Seattle Adds FM Simulcast

CLEAR CHANNEL Sports KJR-A/SEATTLE is getting an FM simulcast with the flip of sister TACOMA rimshot KNBQ (Q COUNTRY 102.9)/CENTRALIA, WA from Country TODAY (11/4) at 7a (PT).

“We are happy to announce the FM simulcast just in time for the WASHINGTON–OREGON game, the last game in the old HUSKY STADIUM,” said morning host MITCH LEVY. “After 20 years of providing the leading SEATTLE Sports Talk, we begin a new era. This is a great move for KJR and most importantly, a great move for loyal listeners.”

PD RICH MOORE added, “This is an extremely exciting day for our brand, clients and listeners. It has always been our goal to deliver the most compelling and entertaining Sports Talk to the PUGET SOUND region. We will increase our coverage and will now broadcast KJR in crystal-clear FM, providing more fans are unique local content with a Louder Sports Voice.”

semoochie
    Participant

I wonder if KIRO will respond.

msndrspdx
    Participant

Interesting timing, isn’t it? And on the biggest college football day this season so far: Stanford plays Oregon State. Oregon at Washington, at, as noted above, Husky Stadium. And, on CBS, the big one: LSU-Alabama, #1 vs. #2, which is being promoted by CBS as a de facto national semifinal: The winner probably gets to the National Championship Game, the loser is probably out of the running. And Boise State plays UNLV tonight. Boise is #5 coming in and needs a win, a big one, to stay in the hunt.

Best, M. 8)

Pat
    Participant

Portland was ahead of it’s time with “The Game”. Too bad they are wasting 95.5 on the “Live” format.

semoochie
    Participant

“Wasted” is an interesting choice of words. The last three books, they’ve averaged a 5 share!

Pat
    Participant

Smoochie…I don’t care about the ratings, have you listened to it? Wasted on 25 year old Barbie dolls.

the_radio_guy
    Participant

Sports Talk is almost never a big ratings winner, while Hot AC often is. “The Game” was a waste of 95.5’s big FM signal.

semoochie
    Participant

I had become fairly reliant on KISN-FM but then, after several years of hearing the same 70s songs over and over and over and over on K-Hits, it occurred to me that I just wasn’t that fond of the 70s, was never all that fond of Classic Rock and had to find something else. I discovered that the hip-hop content in contemporary music was far less than it had been, started listening to it and discovered that it’s not only tolerable but that I like a lot of it! Also, not listening to the currents for 10 or 20 years was making K103 unlistenable for me. Now, I’m hearing it the way I should.

Pat
    Participant

What Portland and Seattle (since this is a Seattle thread) could use are stations that play 60’s through today. 50 years of Rock, more variety and less same songs every day. Of course, I would like that type of station to have some personalities as well, like KISN-FM used to have, and not like K-103 and Oldies 106.7 don’t have now.

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

Shellie Hart Exits KUBE And CC/Seattle

Longtime CLEAR CHANNEL Top 40/Rhythmic KUBE/SEATTLE middayer SHELLIE HART has left the building. HART had formerly been OM for the CC/SEATTLE cluster until FEBRUARY 2011 when JOHN PEAKE was named OM (NET NEWS 2/18). HART was also PD at clustermate Rock KSGX (THE BREW 104.9).

You can reach out to SHELLIE at shelliehart@me.com.

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

Talk Making A Comeback At KVI/Seattle?

Look for FISHER COMMUNICATIONS’ KVI-A/SEATTLE to flip back to Talk from Oldies soon. DIAL GLOBAL has confirmed that the station is picking up CLARK HOWARD’s daily show and other syndicated properties are ticketed for the station, which picked up Oldies on NOVEMBER 8th of last year.

Fisher Communications Finds Buyer For Seattle HQ Building

FISHER COMMUNICATIONS has finally found a buyer for its FISHER PLAZA headquarters building, selling the SEATTLE property to HINES GLOBAL REIT, INC. for $160 million in cash. FISHER will continue to be located at the building under a 12-year lease.

“Over the past several years, we have strategically repositioned FISHER for the opportunities we see as a leading local media company. FISHER PLAZA has been an asset that is not a central component of our business model and executing this transaction provides added flexibility in our effort to create additional value for our shareholders,” said FISHER President and CEO COLLEEN B. BROWN.

“This is an extremely well-constructed and located asset with a unique mix of uses in downtown SEATTLE. We are happy to have the opportunity to invest in the highest quality multi-tenanted data center in the region, with outstanding access to telecommunication providers,” said HINES Vice President TY BENNION. “We are especially pleased to be starting a long-term relationship with the leading broadcast media company in the PACIFIC NORTHWEST.”

“The acquisition of FISHER PLAZA is consistent with the strategy of the HINES GLOBAL REIT to acquire well located, market leading assets in top performing cities,” said CHARLES HAZEN, President and CEO of HINES GLOBAL REIT. “We look forward to continuing our growth in attractive PACIFIC NORTHWEST markets like SEATTLE.”

paulwalker
    Participant

Fisher’s investment in a media-ready building was smart, though it took a while. I used to think KIRO’s broadcast house and KING’s Aurora rebuild were state of the art, but frankly, the Fisher complex has eclipsed them both. Question is, will KING and KIRO answer? Probably not until the economics turn the corner.

semoochie
    Participant

KVI should have targeted upper demos, with mostly 60s, instead of going after KJR-FM. At least, they’d have a chance with direct sales.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 503 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.