Seahawks 2020 amazing

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    paulwalker
    Participant

I know this is a Portland thread but I know there are a lot of fans in Portland/Vancouver. Simply an amazing start for the Hawks in 2020 with their first 5-0 start in history, including a ridiculous win tonight over Minnesota. Could this be the next Super Bowl year for the Hawks?

Broadway
    Participant

QB Wilson is having another incredible clutch year with 4th down plays that make you go crazy…just wish the fans were there to enjoy it live…

paulwalker
    Participant

Yeah the lack of fans would usually hurt a team like the Hawks who depend on the energy. But somehow they are succeeding without and that says a lot. It is still early but this team seems to be destined…IF they can improve their defense!

Brianl
    Participant

I’m a big 12, been through a lot of lousy games in the Kingdome.

Russell Wilson is the MVP thus far, and it isn’t even close.

That said, he’s the ONLY reason why we’re 5-0. We have, literally, the worst defense in the league. We cannot get off the field on third down. We got gashes for over 200 yards on the ground last night, mostly by their second- and third-string RBs.

If we didn’t have Russ, we’d be 0-5 instead of 5-0.

We have a championship caliber offense … that won’t matter come playoff time.

Ken Norton needs to go as DC. Bring back in Dan Quinn, he’s unemployed now and he was the architect of our Super Bowl-winning D.

paulwalker
    Participant

Brian I think you are painting with a broad brush here. Yes number 3 is having an mvp year. But there is more to it. Lockett and DK are performing well. Offensive line is improved. Defense is showing signs of improvement, though baby steps. 5 and 0 with a bye this week. Also Jamal should be back in two weeks.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 4 days ago by paulwalker.
    Brianl
    Participant

I question the OL being improved. It’s better with addition by subtraction – Germain Ifedi is gone. That said, they still can’t protect Russell very well at all.

The ONLY thing our D is doing well is getting timely turnovers. The pass rush is absolutely nonexistent, especially with Adams out, and they ran the ball down our throats yesterday.

DK is a machine. I love him. But, how much of that is having the best in the game pitching you the ball? Russell is that good.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.