Scott weiland found dead

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    radiodork
    Spectator

Lead singer of stone temple pilots was found dead in his tour bus.

Dave Navaaro tweeted-” I just learned our good friend Scott weiland has died”
    SCott weiland was only 48 but struggled with Substance Abuse for most of his life.
    RIP- Scott Weiland!!

Favorite STP song????

I like a lot of them but I’m gonna go with “trippin on a hole in a paper heart”.

What’s your favorite Stone Temple Pilots song?

skeptical
    Participant

Dancing Days

Dxer1969
    Participant

@ Radiodork. Some of my younger friends at work were kind of shocked by Scott Weilands death, but then, not really. They knew of his past. I myself was too old to truly get into them, but since you did ask, I kind of liked Vasaline. But on to my real topic. Rock music.
    As you already know, true rock music has mostly died, sort of. Not in the concerts or live venues. Just on corporate radio. Oh, the people will still flock to see the old bands, the newer bands, the death metal shows. The rock fans haven’t gone away at all! Now take the Viking death metal band Amin Amarth, for example. No airplay, but they fill the venues. I suggest you check em out! Just for fun. And get back to me. Then, we can have a real conversation. Enjoy!

skeptical
    Participant

So long, Scott.

Dxer1969
    Participant

@ skep. Looks like its just us night owls. Thought you were just kidding. Dancing Days. Led Zeppelin! Naw. You are right. Dancing Days is alright. And you I respect also! And Skep, You will be the first to know. Pulmonary Embolism. Caused a stroke. Major life issues. Took awhile to get back.

Master of Disaster
    Participant

Ditto for “surprised yet not surprised.”

For a little more detail, here’s BBC’s article: http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-35003719

What’s your favorite Stone Temple Pilots song?
    Either Interstate Love Song or Wicked Garden. The latter seems kinda ironic given the circumstances.

Also liked Velvet Revolver’s Fall to Pieces.

Vitalogy
    Participant

Bummed but not suprised to hear this.

STP is one of my top ten bands of all time. The best song is the first song I hear on the radio – Sex Type Thing. I was like who the hell is this? They rock!

I saw them in SF in 93 when they opened for Butthole Surfers. That’s how unknown they were. Saw them again at Memorial Coliseum with Red Hot Chili Peppers. And I saw him with Velvet Revolver at Clark County Amp a few years back. Super talented but lots of drama.

STP shall be in my rotation today.

Brianl
    Participant

Given Weiland’s long-term issues with addiction, sadly I am not surprised either. They were fresh, with hit-you-in-the-face heavy grunge, right out of the chute. My favorite STP songs are Vaseline and Wicked Garden.

It seems like Scott met the same ending as another lead singer from the same era – and I draw parallels to the bands as well – in Alice In Chain’s Layne Staley.

I am cranking Core right now. RIP.

missing_kskd
    Participant

Damn… I always struggle with how often great music comes from troubled people.

radiodork
    Spectator

They say crazy and genius are one in the same. You can’t make amazing art/ music without being a little off your rocker.

What does Scott weiland, Kurt Cobain and Axl Rose have in common?

They all suffer from Bipolar. Add heroin to the mix and you have a dangerous situation.
    I love Stone Temple pilots because they have an awesome catalogue of music. While everyone has heard their “hits” they have a lot of great album tracks that were just as cool as their “hits”. I also loved the first Velvet Revolver album “Contraband”. “Dirty little thing” is my favorite Velvet Revolver song. such a kick ass song!

Dxer1969
    Participant

Yes. It does seem like troubled people or drug addicted people make the best, shall we say, rock music. The problem is, its only for awhile. 3 to 5 years most times. And then, it seems to go down hill. A shame. But true in most cases. But still, the music that is made is dynamic and stands the test of time! The Brew was playing tribute to the STP. And after listening to them in their prime. I have come to appreciate them more as rock artists. Thanks for posting Radiodork. Glad you enjoyed them. Sorry that Scott died so young.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.