Scott Walker flames out

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Vitalogy
    Participant

The darling of anti-union conservatives is throwing in the towel. Good riddance.

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/scott-walker-set-exit-gop-presidential-race-n431196

Langston
    Participant

Ditto. Not ready for prime time.

LurkingGrendel
    Participant

As he was one of the few GOP candidates that actually represented a somewhat viable threat in a general election environment with the Democrats, I’m glad he’s gone too.

Trump! Trump! Trump! LOLOL

edselehr
    Participant

His campaign was like looking at his eyes – seeming to focus in multiple directions at the same time.

Agree about his ability to play in the big leagues – he is just able to hold power in Wisconsin, so not sure what kind of self delusion was involved to make him think he could be a viable national candidate.

Oh wait, that’s right – it was his “Koch” habit that skewed his perceptions!

(and I’m sure the campaign ended the second the Kochs turned off the money tap)

LurkingGrendel
    Participant

Disregarding (deservedly and laughably so) the GOP candidates that in the unlikely event they actually won the nomination would be crushed by (fill in the blank, Democrat of your choice) by double digits in a national election, there’s only a small handful of choices The Republicans have that are remotely viable national candidates:

Jeb!
    John Kasich
    Marco Rubio

While each has various liabilities, they could easily become legitimate national political candidates whom the party, its supporters (and more importantly its money and infrastructure) can really behind.

Scott Walker could have been in that category; but he’s out. Rick Perry is in the clown car category, and therefore meaningless, and he’s out as well.

Sidebar: As a progressive/generally Democratic supporter, Kasich is actually the one whom worries me the most. He’s not the same level of pandering douche nozzle as the other two, actually sounds reasonably intelligent and can string together complex sentences and thoughts, and has already shown a willingness to speak truth to the base. The good news for Democrats is that Kasich will probably end up being too sane and unexciting for GOP primary voters.

As for the rest? Please.

Ben Carson, Donald Trump, Ted Cruz, Mike Huckabee, Rick Santorum, Lindsey Graham, Chris Christie, Bobby Jindal, and Carly Fiorina, are all doomed for various reasons. Though it’ll be entertaining. And, every day those like Trump and the other clowns are still theoretically in contention makes the likelihood of a Democratic president being elected next year all the more likely.

Trump! Trump! Trump! LOL

Listener_Pete
    Participant

As he was one of the few GOP candidates that actually represented a somewhat viable threat in a general election environment with the Democrats, I’m glad he’s gone too.

I agree, he is one who I feared the most. it turns out he was just another passenger on the clown car.

Amus
    Participant

Agreed!

I would rather have Trump than Walker.
    (and that’s saying something)

Talk about handing over the keys to the Koch’s

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.