San Bernardino mass shooting

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    Vitalogy
    Participant

It’s being reported one of the suspects name is “Sayeed Farook” who is a US citizen. The 2 dead suspects are male and female.

This leads me to believe that this is more than just a random shooting. I’m going to come out now and say this is terrorism.

radiodork
    Spectator

Thank you Obama for keeping us safe.😡

Amus
    Participant

Terrorism seems to be a popular theory among TV pundits.

But a center for developmentally disabled in a city 60 miles east of LA seems an odd target for a terrorist attack.

missing_kskd
    Participant

All depends on just who was meeting in the building. I don’t think we know yet.

@Radiodork
    , Obama has very consistently pushed for action to keep us safe. The bat shit party has consistently refused to recognize even the problem, let alone the significant fraction of the party putting messages filled with lies and hate out there.

Messages that drive people to kill people.

paulwalker
    Participant

Whoever said terrorism made any sense? If it did it probably would not be called “terrorism”. Get ready America, this is just the beginning, in my predcition. One thing you can say about Trump, he defineitely is the only candidate that seems to be fighting back. The rest of his rhetoric is stupid, and he alone can’t solve this problem.

Chris_Taylor
    Participant

It’s also interesting how others see us.

From the BBC

Canada

Vitalogy
    Participant

I don’t think this is just another US mass shooting like the one at UCC. One of the suspect’s name is Sayeed Farook, and another dead shooter is female. This was a planned lone wolf terrorist attack. Mostl likely motiviated by radical islam. And impossible to defend given our gun laws.

radiodork
    Spectator

We are living in very scary times. Do you feel safe under the Obama administration? I don’t. With the thousands of terrorists that are living in this country and the countless number of immigrants that are coming into this country I feel like the shit has hit the fan and this is only the beginning. I really hope our next president is really tough on immigration and terrorism. I think that as these shootings continue to happen around the country( which they will) whether it be by the mentally ill or terrorists, the more likely Trump will be our next president.

duxrule
    Participant

Further investigation shows that this guy WAS a Muslim, but he also worked at this place, so it could be a case of workplace violence. One thing is clear, that this was a planned attack.

Amus
    Participant

By calling it an odd target for a terrorist attack, I was referring to the fact that terrorists tend to go for more high profile targets than a holiday party at a community center on the outskirts of a Major Metropolitan City.

These could be just real dumb terrorists that didn’t understand how to extract maximum terror by their act.

That said, this is shaking out to be a workplace thing (the perpetrators surnames not withstanding).

The shooter worked with the victims, had some sort of altercation and returned with his SO to extract some sort of revenge.

The shooter, an American citizen despite his surname, is said to have grown up in a non-religious environment and recently became religiously fervent.

Assuming that his religious beliefs had anything to do with his actions, THAT is what he shares with his ideological kin Robert Dear.

It occurred to me that with religious fervor being the real driver of much of the world’s suffering, that this is what the NRA has tapped into to fuel gun sales (their real purpose).

The NRA has successfully elevated the gun to religious idolatry in this country.

As usual, when a thought like this occurs to me, I do a Google search and find that it’s hardly a novel thought.

Google Search on “Guns Religious Idolatry”

It should be noted that the NRA and gun manufactures do very well indeed at the expense of shattered lives.

I’m not suggesting that they relish the notion of dead people fueling gun sales, but I do believe it’s just the cost of doing business.

They know what makes their constituency ticks and they know how to tickle the outsized amygdala and generate more sales.

missing_kskd
    Participant

Trump is ill equipped to understand and address terror Paul. All of his rhetoric is stupid. He has no shame. That’s unhealthy, and dangerous when translated into policy.

edselehr
    Participant

Remember the Ft. Hood Shooting from 2009? After everyone jumped on it as being a terrorist attack, largely based on the name of the shooter (Nidel Hasan), it was finally categorized as an incident of workplace violence. Strange that shooters with Western, Judeo-Christian names don’t have the same conclusions drawn about their motives.

If the Muslimophobes would just shut up for a minute and allow this incident to be investigated, I’m confident that this will turn out to also be a tragic incident of workplace violence. To coin an appropriate phrase, these people simply “went postal”.

LurkingGrendel
    Participant

RadioDork, you should really consider losing the compound name and doubling down on the latter half in the spirit of truth in advertising.

The level of willfully uninformed derp in that posting is Trumpian.

I could shred your every dippy and alarmist contention utilizing fact and reason, but as you’re clearly an unhealthy combination of unable and unwilling to understand nor accept such, I’ve chosen instead to simply point out I know teens that are more informed than you seem to be.

edselehr
    Participant

FINALLY…!

null

Amus
    Participant

To the truly commited, if God isn’t fixing it, it must therefore be his will.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 45 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.