One time over here, about 12 years ago we had a high school kid come to class and dump a test tube full of mercury all over the floor he had collected from various sources at home , like thermostats and thermometers then brought it…to a science class actually and the teacher didn’t know what was going on right away before he spilled it and got one kids shoes splattered as well ……Mercury beebees all over the floor etc…the district called the hazmat folks in from Hanford !! Place looked like some movie set like ET when they took over their house trying to save the alien, ….closed off the classroom and the commons area in front of it for the rest of the day…big truck mounted vacuum cleaner in the parking lot with hoses going here and there thru the front door and up the stairs !! A real major production..