Russ Barth, Former KYKN Market Manager dies at 65

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Portland Radio Russ Barth, Former KYKN Market Manager dies at 65

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Craig_Adams
    Participant

Thanks to Mike Kolb for the head’s up on this:

Russ Barth was KYKN Market Manager, back to 2008 and probably earlier, to 2014.

Statesman Journal obit.
    http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/statesmanjournal/obituary.aspx?n=russell-barth&pid=179950250

Broadway
    Participant

Worked with Russ when he was in marketing and sales at KCCS-Salem back in late 80’s early 90’s. He was a very fun loving person and a joy to work with. Will miss him…plan to attend his funeral with other friends.

QPatrickEdwards
    Participant

I didn’t get to know him for very long, but found that he was a very gracious guy. My wife took his and his wife’s final formal photos together just a few months ago and we were able to chat with his widow this week as we delivered the framed portrait they will use for the service. While we were there, his wife showed us some other pictures of their many missionary trips to various parts of the world. He was really big on collecting eyeglasses for those in poor areas that he was visiting who couldn’t obtain them otherwise. My wife and I are planning on attending his memorial service as well, maybe we’ll see you there, Dan.

dodger
    Participant

Death hits KYKN twice in a week…owner Mike Frith lost his wife of 47 years to cancer a week ago Saturday. That’s a lot for one little station.

Broadway
    Participant

Just got back from Russ’s memorial service…church packed with friends and family all expressing tributes to his life. Had to leave after a 2 hour service that was still going! Great “home going” showing of gratitude of his life…many from his church he was attending in Sheridan the last 5 years of his life.

QPatrickEdwards
    Participant

Yeah, it was a great, uplifting service. It was good to meet you and Phil again and chat even if it was only for a minute or two. Wish I could have stayed for the whole service, but my wife had a previous engagement in Newport she had to make. It would be great to hear more about that second online project that you mentioned.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.