Rush says he is “terminal”

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    paulwalker
    Participant

I think he is getting closer to the end. I don’t wish ill will to any human, but this appears to be a signal that he is not doing well.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/20/media/rush-limbaugh-cancer-update-trnd/index.html

Perhaps too soon for this topic, but who could possibly replace him in the 9-noon slot (Pacific)? Probably Sean Hannity. Good luck with that.

semoochie
    Participant

Wouldn’t it be nice if Rush throws Trump under the bus, and recants everything he has said about him, because he feels guilty and thinks it will get him into heaven. It could affect the election!

Alfredo_T
    Participant

Years ago, I heard a public service announcement on AM 970, which then branded itself as “Solid State Radio,” which opened with a robotic-sounding voice singing, “you don’t always die from tobacco.”

Some years later, Art Bell was in the hospital with emphysema. This was not a surprise, as it was well known that he had been a heavy smoker throughout his adult life. Bell died of a prescription medication overdose, which I am convinced was suicide, even if the police did not officially declare it as such.

I am still somewhat shocked by Rush Limbaugh’s lung cancer because cigars were somewhat of a fad when I was in my 20s, and the general perception was that they were harmless recreation that guys could engage in to fraternize and feel classy. In that era, the only fear was that very heavy cigar consumption might cause mouth cancers; since cigars are not made to be inhaled, lung cancer was considered a non-issue. I guess that this proves that second-hand smoke is a real hazard.

nosignalallnoise
    Participant

Bell died of a prescription medication overdose, which I am

Yeah, well, that’s what they want everybody to believe…..

paulwalker
    Participant

Well played nosignal! I really miss Bell. He literally put me to sleep.

Andy Brown
    Participant

Rush has been a terminal idiot his whole life. Big, loud, abusive and reckless.

Took too much oxy and went deaf. Now his body is giving up. He’s been more rude, obnoxious and bloated than anyone else in talk radio history. Now talk radio IS history and soon Rush will be, too. It’s not like demagoguery is dying. Someone else will grab the big golden RE20 and continue to spew hate and trash.

I will shed no tears. He wouldn’t want to be here for the period we will soon enter anyway, which will further denigrate the Rush agenda and all whom share it.

Vitalogy
    Participant

Sooner the better.

mwdxer1
    Participant

Hard to believe when Rush started out, I think on KFBK Sacramento(?), Rush was more moderate and not bad to listen to his points. The last 20 years, I have not listened to him. Always so negative and hateful. Good for ratings….But turned off a lot of people…. Sorry to hear of his cancer, but he has not lived a healthy life…

radiogeek
    Participant

My prediction;

If things go well, and Trump clearly is the loser after the election … he and the GOP flail about for a while with lawsuits trying to change the results.

Eventually it becomes clear he will not be the next President, so one of two things happen. He resigns the day before so Pence becomes President for a day and issues him a full pardon. Or, with Barrett on SCOTUS he really does the final obnoxious facist move and pardons himself, hoping that SCOTUS will say he can do so.

Either way, on January 21st Trump replaces Rush as the host of the show and keeps a big microphone and a big audience. He continues to be a PIA and his ego is satisfied while keeping his base together for either another run at the White House or to prep Ivanka to be a future candidate.

Ed

semoochie
    Participant

Even if Trump is pardoned, the local and state crimes are still enough to put him away for years!

radiogeek
    Participant

The premise that the President can only pardon Federal crimes has to my knowledge not been tested in the courts. Trump is dangerous enough to try at SCOTUS and it’s been stacked with morons who believe in Executive power.

When Ford pardoned Nixon it was a blanket pardon for all crimes, including those Nixon had not yet been charged with. That didn’t get challenged or tested for constitutionality either.

Ed

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by radiogeek.
    Deane Johnson
    Participant

Assuming Trump does not get re-elected, this country has a lot of rebuilding to do from the Covid pandemic. We don’t need a Congress tied up trying to get even with Trump.

It would be to our collective advantage to just turn him out to pasture and let his debt holders deal with him while our Federal leadership concentrates on making America whole again.

Jeffrey Kopp
    Participant

I think they should nail his ass. I predict he will flee the country.

edselehr
    Participant

Trump isn’t the problem. He will move overseas and shack up with Putin most likely.

It’s all his enablers who should have their asses nailed. Comport with would-be tyrants in this country based on democracy, and you will pay the consequences.

semoochie
    Participant

Trump isn’t the problem? He’s spent the last four years, giving equal footing to walking garbage! He praises murderers, rapists, Nazis(The spell checker just told me that Nazi must be capitalized! Who knew?)and convicted felons, while continuously spewing lies about anyone who disagrees with him! None of this is up for debate.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.