Rush Limbaugh Dead at age 70!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    Broadway
    Participant
    Andy Brown
    Participant

All he accomplished was to turn talk radio into a right wing attack machine and make himself wealthy on the backs of the clueless.
    His pill popping and smoking habits (cigarettes up until he was 40 and cigars up until the end) earned him a special place as a government statistic. Clearly smart enough to know better but too stupid to protect himself.

Randy_in_Eugene
    Participant

I caught the beginning of today’s show, as much as I could stand. Some guy from KIRO radio was blubbering through a eulogy of sorts, and assuring us that EIB will continue for the foreseeable future.

The last person to leave AM radio, please turn out the lights.

paulwalker
    Participant

Randy, that guy is Todd Herman from KTTH/KIRO. He had been one of two or three main subs for Rush. I heard him basically in tears today as he praised Rush. Kind of difficult to listen to, I just had to turn it off. As I posted earlier, I recognize Rush as a successful radio host, perhaps THE most successful, but good grief I felt like I was listening to his funeral today with Todd. Not for this listener.

Andy Brown
    Participant

In the pantheon of great radio personalities, he doesn’t hold a candle nor does he belong in a discussion about the truly great talk radio pioneers of AM history like Larry King, Imus, Art Bell, Arthur Godfrey . . .

There is a huge distinction between those names above and a shameless huckster, super wealthy, devoid of any character or moral fiber whose last desperate agenda was to to recast a pandemic as a deadly, partisan culture war.

Broadway
    Participant
    Chris_Taylor
    Participant

Yes, he accomplished being married 4 times. Love it when traditional family values are so uplifted by such an accomplished “family man.”

Broadway
    Participant

Romans 3:23,24 Everyone has sinned and is far away from God’s saving presence. But by the free gift of God’s grace all are put right with him through Christ Jesus, who sets them free. (Good News Translation)

Andy Brown
    Participant

See pig: lipstick

Chris_Taylor
    Participant

My dad won over 40 radio broadcasting awards, including the Peabody Award for his program, Open Door. I have about a dozen of those awards sitting in my studio. But what my father created on a shoe-string budget and the impact it had on the lives of his listeners forever changed their lives for the better. Something Rush could never understand through his program. Rush was all about Rush. My dad was all about others. One of the must humble men I know.

Andy Brown
    Participant

Rush deserves the same respect he gave to gay people, rape victims, refugees, people of color and victims of mass shootings.

paulwalker
    Participant

Dont forget empowered women who he labeled “feminazi’s”.

Vitalogy
    Participant

Rush Limbaugh belongs in the same category of people as Hitler. Terrible human being and it’s just a sad commentary that a person so vile made it so big. I’m glad he’s dead so he’s no longer on the air spewing hatred and division.

paulwalker
    Participant

I agree. My earlier posts were commenting on his success as a talk show host but do not reflect any agreement with his opinions. The two things should be separate, but in today’s politically charged world probably prevent that.

Broadway
    Participant

More industry endorsements…link not working…sorry

• This reply was modified 7 months ago by Broadway.
    • This reply was modified 7 months ago by Broadway.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.