Rush Limbaugh Dead at age 70!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    Deane Johnson
    Participant

You libs will have one less person to hate daily! Those are the tough breaks life brings you.

Andy Brown
    Participant

You cons will have one less amplifier of right wing hate, racism, misogyny, stupidity, vitriol and greed. This is the middle of the end of the Republican Party as a cohesive, cogent and semi-functional group.

Deane Johnson
    Participant

Andy, you must know. You can spend your time as you wish. I’m in the dark on that description. I haven’t wasting my time listening to even a minute of Limbaugh for more than a decade.

Brianl
    Participant

You gotta give credit to where credit is due, Rush was an absolute master of his craft, and he did as much as any politician to change politics and bring the Republican Party further to the right.

More of us hated the message than not, but the messenger had his craft finely tuned.

paulwalker
    Participant

He was a man I disagreed with for certain. However, there is no denying his spot as the top radio talk show host of all time. Love him or hate him he had tremendous power and influenced many on the right.

His demise may speed up the demise of talk radio. There is really nobody that can replace him.

My guess is reruns will run in coming weeks, even months. But this is an end to an era.

Andy Brown
    Participant

Demagoguery is not a valued asset nor a craft. In the end, it was that, not “radio” or media, that was “mastered.”

Vitalogy
    Participant

Good riddance. One less asshole on earth.

edselehr
    Participant

Deane, you may not have listened to Rush, but those politically like-minded people around you probably did, so you were getting “Rushed” whether you knew it or not. As a key “opinion leader” for decades, he shaped and influenced the right wing of America into what it has become today – Qanon and all.

Andrew
    Participant

My Dad died of lung cancer at an even younger age than Limbaugh, and I wouldn’t wish this horrible disease on anyone, even Limbaugh. But I shed no tears at his absence on the radio or on earth. It’s not his “message” I objected to – it’s the negative influence I believe he had on society.

lastday
    Participant

https://kval.com/news/local/rush-limbaugh-saved-am-radio-eugene-station-says

“One thing that Rush did that most people don’t really think about is he pretty much saved AM radio,” Lundun [KPNW] said. “When he came on the air, AM was in its death throes – and he pretty much saved the AM dial.”*

* But at what cost?

Jeffrey Kopp
    Participant

He did a lot of damage.

Andy Brown
    Participant

He didn’t save AM radio. He made money for himself and perhaps one station per market. How that morphs into saving AM radio is bogus. In his final years he ended up being moved to smaller signals in the clusters still willing to pay for his crap.

Broadway
    Participant

Rush continues for a while from his syndicator Premiere—-

Following today’s passing of Rush Limbaugh, Premiere Networks has revealed their short-term plans for his show.

In a statement Premiere notes, “Rush’s voice will continue to be heard, providing comfort and continued insight to his legions of loyal fans. All of Rush’s audio has been extensively archived and cataloged by subject, topic and opinion. His producers will be able to pull segments that are relevant for each day’s news cycle and allow us to feature the best of Rush for the full three hours of the program.”

Guest hosts will be used to “guide Rush’s audio from one topic to another, but Rush will be the predominant voice heard for the three-hour Monday-Friday show, the AM Daily Update and The Week in Review three-hour show.” The show will continue “with this transitional programming until his audience is prepared to say good-bye” with additional information posted at RushLimbaugh.com when necessary.

We have heard from affiliates who have been told it will be a minimum of 90 days before permanent plans for the 12-3pm eastern slot are solidified.

nosignalallnoise
    Participant

Hey, no more Rush Limpballs! Good fucking riddance.

Today is a good day to be an American.

paulwalker
    Participant

The fact that Premiere is going to continue the show proves they had no good plan in place for this expected outcome, IMO. Yes, contracts need to be completed, but in the end Premiere is up shit creek.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.