Romney now front runner for Secretary of State

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Politics and other things Romney now front runner for Secretary of State

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    paulwalker
    Participant

Rudy Giuliani is no longer in the running for Secretary Of State, according to NBC News. Leaving Mitt Romney as the front runner.

With all the bad decisions made by Trump in the transition, this one is perhaps his best. While I don’t agree with Romney on every issue, I do think he would offer an intelligent, mild-mannered approach to this important position.

However, I don’t believe it to be a done deal, and Trump could go off the grid again. I hope he doesn’t.

I hope it’s Romney too, but it’s a shame he went off the deep in his opposition to Trump before the election. Some Trumpsters might feel betrayed if Romney is picked, but I don’t care.

Vitalogy
    Participant

Romney should be embarrassed. Trump spit in his face and yet he still comes back looking for work? Talk about a lack of self respect.

paulwalker
    Participant

BTW, Romney spit first. Good on him.

So, Vit who would you prefer in there? Another General?

Langston
    Participant

Was hoping for someone with experience like Huntsman. Romney will do. Giuliani was acting bat squeeze crazy during the campaign.

Vitalogy
    Participant

It’s sad when it comes down to Romney being a good choice, isn’t it?

But, I’m glad Rudy the Goon is out of the running for anything. He’s straight Dennis Miller nuts. Likely early onset dementia.

paulwalker
    Participant

Good gawd, what the hell is going on here?

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/rex-tillerson-of-exxonmobil-expected-to-be-named-trumps-secretary-of-state-sources/ar-AAloL7T?li=BBnb7Kz

The 64-year-old veteran oil executive has no government or diplomatic experience, although he has ties to Russian President Vladimir Putin.

This transition is quickly going out of control.

edselehr
    Participant

Plus, Trump got some help from Putin – the CIA confirms it.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/trump-team-dismisses-report-russians-hacking-was-help-trump-win-n694271

This is insane. Trump is walking away from most of his campaign promises, admits his vow to “lock her up” was just to play to the crowd and he wasn’t serious, his cabinet is a unqualified joke, his conflicts of interest are becoming increasingly revealed.

Remember, Trump is not president yet – not until Dec. 19th. It’s time to “break glass in emergency” and break tradition by releasing ALL electors for vote their consciences. If you think it’s too crazy a thing to consider, just look at this entire campaign season and election.

Andy Brown
    Participant

In the end, the House and Senate must agree on any changes made to the Electoral College vote during the in-person Electoral College voting that takes place on December 19 at 50 state capitals and in the District of Columbia. When the official vote certificates are opened by Congress on January 6, the Constitution allows challenges to “faithless electors” who switch their votes, as long as one member of the House and one member of the Senate agree on the same challenge. If a challenge is upheld, the faithless elector’s vote is discarded.

Given that the Republicans control the House and the Senate in the next Congress, an unlikely possible outcome would be that enough faithless electors put Trump’s tally below the 270 votes needed to win the Electoral College vote. In that case, the majority of House and Senate Republicans would invalidate those faithless votes, triggering a run-off contingent election in the House and Senate that Trump and Mike Pence would win.

Here is how the Constitutional process works:

https://goo.gl/QN7Hvd

paulwalker
    Participant

Apparently official…Trump goes for oil exec with ties to Russia for Secretary of State. In the meantime, China is ramping up their military in response to Trump’s Taiwan call. Trump does not like military briefings. Holy shit.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/12/12/politics/donald-trump-rex-tillerson-secretary-of-state-exxonmobil-ceo/index.html

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.