RIP Eddie Van Halen

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Vitalogy
    Participant

Dead at 65. One of my all time favorites.

Andrew
    Participant

What a talent. Not saying he didn’t work hard to get as good as he did, but Edward is just one of those guys who sounds like he was born playing guitar…

Alfredo_T
    Participant

I did not expect him to die at such a “young” age. However, I wasn’t aware of the toll that his lifestyle took on his body (his family kept details of his medical issues from the public for a long time).

lastday
    Participant

Big big loss to rock. RIP EVH.

Brianl
    Participant

This sucks. We lost Rock’s greatest drummer and Rock’s greatest guitarist in the same damn year. Fuck 2020.

wb7awl
    Participant

He could do things with a guitar that were flat out amazing. I’ve heard that some of his riff’s could not be duplicated, many tried and failed.

paulwalker
    Participant

He always had that youthful look, but perhaps I am remembering a better time (80’s). Nothing better than that 80’s video “Jump”, just a pure classic.

Andy Brown
    Participant

Legendary. I found out a few hours before I recorded next week’s show and was able to adjust my playlist accordingly. R.I.P.

Vitalogy
    Participant

I saw them 3 times. Last time was 2015 at Clark County Amp. I was 10 rows on Eddie’s side of the stage.

Andy Brown
    Participant

I played Spanish Fly, The Dream Is Over, Top Jimmy, When It’s Love, Can’t Stop Loving’ You, Humans Being and Right Now early on then closed my show with Pleasure Dome.

lastday
    Participant

Playlist for KRVM Vinyl Revival on 8/12 during their membership drive has been adjusted for this.

lastday
    Participant

Playlist for 10/12, not 8/12. D’oh.

Dan Packard
    Keymaster

Eddie Van Halen talks about coming to America as a kid and how he accidentally fell into playing guitar. Plus, he explains and plays some hot licks in this Smithsonian conversation recorded in 2015,

Andy Brown
    Participant

Fantastic!! TFP

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.