Rioting in Baltimore

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    missing_kskd
    Participant

Same here. Read the Vice piece I linked above.

Baltimore police haven’t been running under reasonable guidelines for quite some time, and they have demonstrated thuggery for a long time.

That goes right to the top, BTW.

The force does what it is told makes sense. Barring some evidence of corruption or gross incompetence there, calling this out is not hanging the police out to dry, but it is the leaders.

Which seems entirely appropriate all things known now.

On the matter of injuries. It is simple. They did not follow reasonable protocol when handling him, nor during transport.

Do no harm is a basic component of policing, and it needs to be the rule of the day, barring some material, plausible threat.

To declare otherwise is condoning thiggery, and I find that completely unacceptable.

Amus
    Participant

No details yet,

But just got a push from AP that there is probable cause to file charges in the death of Gray.

Charges against Officers include;

2nd degree murder
    manslaughter
    assault

Deane Johnson
    Participant

Baltimore is approximately 93% black.
    The Mayor is black.
    The Chief of Police is black
    The majority of the City Council is black
    The Congressman representing the area is black.

Is is possible the blacks running the place just ought to solve their own issues like they should have done before things like this happened.

Blaming old fat, white conservatives isn’t going to work so well in this case.

duxrule
    Participant
    duxrule
    Participant

“Blaming old fat, white conservatives isn’t going to work so well in this case.”

They already have plenty on their plate. 😉

Amus
    Participant

Baltimore is approximately 93% black.
    The Mayor is black.
    The Chief of Police is black
    The majority of the City Council is black
    The Congressman representing the area is black.

Translation;

No wonder they have problems!
    The place it lousy with ni**ers!

Do you ever play these things back in your head?

Deane Johnson
    Participant

No Amus, I don’t have the sick racist mind you seem to display with posts of that sort.

Amus
    Participant

Glad to hear that.
    It really does come off that way though.

Deane Johnson
    Participant

I was merely pointing out that if there are cops going around roughing up black people, the black community is certainly in a position to do something about it, unlike what appears to be the case in Ferguson, and probably a lot of other locations.

I suspect we are going to see the beginning of the end of police thuggery as more and more departments discover the power of videos going on-line to show what’s actually happening. The public at last has a major weapon in it’s hands.

kennewickman
    Participant

And to the states atty generals charges…one officer for voluntary MS/ negligence…the others some sort of Involutary MS and negligence.

And a real interesting aside that will haunt the legal defense and the Police Union defending the officers……just 9 days earlier a new directive in Baltimore went into effect for transport of prisoners in such vehicles as were used by the Baltimore Police went into effect: that in all cases prisoners are to be transported in a SECURELY FASTENED IN A SEATBELT or restraint of some sort . He was not . He was shackled at the wrists and face down in the van, unsecured and evidently slammed about with his head hitting the bolt on the back door. Somebody’s going to jail over this and the Civil suit will be monumental.

missing_kskd
    Participant

Stop with the black community bull shit.

That’s not the problem.

This is an American problem. We’ve got corruption, and we’ve lost a basic respect and commitment to the rule of law and the idea that our society, it’s leaders, etc… exist to serve us and make our lives better.

Yes, the videos are great. Awareness is now happening on a national scale.

There are basic, systemic issues in play. Those are where the discussion needs to be.

Nobody needs fragmentation, compartmentalization, triangulation…

There are people in Baltimore, and their city, it’s leaders, law, policy, etc… aren’t serving them well. Their lives aren’t better, and that is precisely why they are acting out.

Get at that, fix it, and they will quit acting out.

It’s that simple.

kennewickman
    Participant

I agree with Deane…Cameras cameras cameras…the order of the next decade …everywhere…it has to be now..I really am uncomfortable with it personally…but its gonnah be a standard as we have all the tech to do it in so many venues. I deal with this everyday at work in public educational facilities.

missing_kskd
    Participant

Yeah, sad that we have to use such invasive means these days, isn’t it?

Amus
    Participant

Privacy is a concern, but Sunlight is the best disinfectant.

missing_kskd
    Participant

Yep.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 49 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.