Right wing hyprocisy at it's finest

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Langston
    Participant

Perhaps the US should be apologizing to the Japanese and German descendants of those tried as war criminals following WWII for engaging in the same conduct. Reparations may be in order.

jerry1949
    Spectator

The report indicated torture didn’t do any good.

To advocate for the unborn and yet in the same breath advocate for torture is troublesome to me.

Troublesome? The torturee gets to live and the torture is with the intent to prevent loss of innocent life. The pro-life advocate also intends to prevent the loss of inncoent life.

I’m more troubled by those who are adamant about terrorist rights but don’t blink at an abortion.

here is that eye for an eye bit again…

The end game is everybody goes blind.

That point if valid only if the torturing is done for revenge, but that was not the case. It was done to extract information so that innocent people would not be tortured by terrorists.

Vitalogy
    Participant

Glad to see you support torture.

Amus
    Participant

Praise Jesus and pass the anus tube!

jerry1949
    Spectator

I didn’t say I support torture. I’m abivilent about it at the moment. I don’t support the torture of innocent people.

Amus
    Participant

Would Jesus have been ambivalent about torture?
    Even of the guilty?

Let alone those that are only suspect?

duxrule
    Participant

“It was done to extract information so that innocent people would not be tortured by terrorists.”

Actually, it wasn’t.

“…”The use of the CIA’s enhanced interrogation techniques was not an effective means of obtaining accurate information,” according to the Senate Intelligence Committee report…
    …Additionally, false confessions obtained by enhanced interrogation techniques from detainees led the CIA to pursue dead leads that did not help in the fight against al-Qaeda. Information the CIA obtained through these harsh interrogations, which in some cases amounted to torture, was either false or had been previously obtained through alternative intelligence gathering, according to the report.
    “While being subjected to the CIA’s enhanced interrogation techniques and afterwards, multiple CIA detainees fabricated information, resulting in faulty intelligence,” the report reads…
    http://www.cnn.com/2014/12/09/politics/top-takeaways-cia-torture-report/index.html

“… On one side were the chief of interrogations and nearly all of the personnel who had been questioning Mr. Nashiri. After two months of harsh questioning, the chief wrote, they believed that the prisoner had “been mainly truthful and is not withholding significant information.””
    http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/10/world/senate-torture-report-shows-cia-infighting-over-interrogation-program.html?_r=0

jerry1949
    Spectator

I don’t know about the specifics. If it was misused I oppose it. I think it’s possibly justifiable in principle if it can prevent loss of life.

duxrule
    Participant

Where did Jesus say that?

Amus
    Participant

Jerry (AKA Jerry);

I have a favor to ask.
    And it’s a time investment.

Watch this

And let me know you’re thoughts.

I know it is presented from a particular POV, but the facts are facts.

Let me know your thoughts.

jerry1949
    Spectator

I’ve watched a little. It’s very interesting and well done. I’ll watch the entire video some time by Monday.

duxrule
    Participant

During an unprecedented live press conference from the CIA HQ at Langley, the Director himself admits that the torture wasn’t worth the effort:

CIA chief concedes no proof brutal methods led to key intelligence

“…In his presentation, Brennan acknowledged the accuracy of many of the Senate report’s findings, even as he sought to justify them as an understandable response to the Sept. 11, 2001, terror attacks in New York, Washington and Pennsylvania. He faulted the committee for not interviewing any CIA employees. Still, he said, “although we view the process undertaken by the committee . . . as flawed, many aspects of their conclusions are sound and consistent with our own prior findings.”

…“Let me be clear, we have not concluded that it was the use of EITs within that program that allowed us to obtain useful information from detainees subjected to them,” Brennan said. “The cause and effect relationship between the use of EITs and useful information subsequently provided by the detainee is, in my view, unknowable.””

http://www.thenewstribune.com/2014/12/11/3536356_cia-director-john-brennan-to-address.html?sp=/99/296/358/&rh=1#storylink=cpy

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.