Return Of The X-Files

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Andy Brown
    Participant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-WWoxdGKLI

The best science-fiction series of the ’90s is coming back. After weeks of wanting to believe, fans can finally take off their tin-foil hats and rest assured that The X-Files really is returning to Fox for a six-episode continuation of its original nine-season run. Fox made the announcement last Tuesday, and it also confirmed that David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson will reprise their roles as Fox Mulder and Dana Scully, with creator Chris Carter also on board. The show will start production this summer, but an air date is still to be determined.

missing_kskd
    Participant

Hoping this is good! The Mrs and I are due for some new “X Files”

duxrule
    Participant

I’m glad you’re pleased about this, but for me, it’s just more confirmation that there’s no originality in Hollywood anymore.(except Will Forte in “Last Man on Earth”) 😉

missing_kskd
    Participant

Yeah, hear you on that.

Similar trends can be seen in games.

Big budgets, high expectations, low risks, etc… all trend toward a few proven things.

Business in general reward this. Radio anyone?

So, the way I look at it is whether or not I see some value. It’s hard to get me in front of a TV for more than a few hours per week.

Lots of people seek cheap entertainment, and that’s why the mess works. Plenty of other things to do, and that’s enough for me.

I can’t change it, but I can marginalize it in my life, so I do.

Way too many people don’t care and will just take it and go, figuring they could have much bigger problems and very likely be right about it.

For me, it’s like new “Star Trek” material. Good when it happens, and I don’t care so much about the retread trend. If it doesn’t happen, then it doesn’t happen.

It’s becoming easier for people to publish outside the machine. Netflix, HBO, et al. are doing some great TV. I pay for that easily.

Maybe this kind of thing will improve some where we see more viable competition.

Amus
    Participant

And now comes THIS.

Some things, like plague & polio, are best left alone.

duxrule
    Participant

The “Vacation” reboot has some promise, as long as Ed Helms isn’t too doofy.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.