Republicans not taking vaccine

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    paulwalker
    Participant

Good grief. Many Republicans are not taking the vaccine because they believe covid is a hoax. Doing so could slow the progress at best, but renew the virus at worst.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/how-biden-republicans-public-health-leaders-are-trying-convince-gop-n1260061

Andrew
    Participant

I’m not especially worried about it. Many Republicans will come around. Many restrictions will be lifted within a few months assuming case numbers decline, and either we will hit herd immunity sooner than some experts think because of the vaccines…or a bunch more non-vaxxers will get infected and we’ll reach herd immunity that way.

paulwalker
    Participant

“Many Republicans will come around”.

Really? When have many Republicans come around? They are generally intolerant of any viewpoint that is not lock step with Donald Trump. He is the savior of the republican party dontcha know?

You do realize this former President rules the party now and in 2024. It really has become a cult.

Borderblaster
    Participant

A silly people

Andrew
    Participant

Many Republicans will come around on taking the vaccine, once it’s no longer an in-your-face political issue to them. Doesn’t have to be this week – until there is actually a surplus of vaccine and everyone who wants a shot can easily get one, their reluctance is irrelevant. We have a ways to go until we get to that point.

Even Trump got vaccinated, even if not on camera.

Broadway
    Participant

Wife and myself getting 2nd of 2 doses end of month.

Andy Brown
    Participant

Their reluctance is indicative of their general ignorance.

Vitalogy
    Participant

Good. Let them get infected and die.

Andrew
    Participant

I’m OK with anyone who doesn’t want to get the vaccine getting sick themselves if they choose not to – but the idea of herd immunity is that enough people develop immunity that even the people who can’t be vaccinated (due to health reasons) would still be protected. I don’t want some non-vaxxer Republican getting sick and infecting someone else who is probably vulnerable.

But as I said, I think enough Republicans will eventually come around on this that it will be a non-issue.

radiogeek
    Participant

The anti vaccine folks still need to be vaccinated. Besides trying to make this no longer a wide spread pandemic, every host who can replicate lots of virus is the potential spot where a new dangerous variant can be born.

Ed

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.