Refund checks being delayed?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    nosignalallnoise
    Participant

Anybody know if the Infernal Revenue $ervice are delaying sending income tax refund checks this year? Don’t remember if I read it on another site or the local news-pooper that the deadline to file is supposedly being extended until June because of all the panic. I filed my 1040 in late February and under “normal” conditions I would usually receive my cheque just over a month after I file.

nosignalallnoise
    Participant

Guess so.

Thanks, all, for your replies!

Alfredo_T
    Participant

Yes, the filing deadline was extended. I ended up owing additional taxes, so the refund situation does not apply to me. However, I’m pretty sure that I qualified for a portion of the stimulus payment, and I have not received this. I expect to receive it electronically, since that is how I paid my taxes.

Andy Brown
    Participant

July, not June.

Andrew
    Participant

Alfredo, you should have received your stimulus payment long ago electronically. I got mine over a month ago that way. My parents haven’t used bank transfer for tax payments/refunds, so they got their stimulus on a debit card, only last week.

nosignalallnoise
    Participant

Hm. So I suppose I should expect to receive my refund by early September at the latest, then. I received my chinavirus sympathy cheque early last month so that’s already in my credit union account. Then, of course, about two weeks ago the Drumpf form letter followed. Wonderful timing.

I’m almost wondering if I should send a second copy of my 1040 in, to make sure, along with a note stating that it’s a copy and I originally filed on such-and-such date.

Jeffrey Kopp
    Participant

There is a Web site: https://www.irs.gov/refunds

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.