Radiodiscussion.com hacked again

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Portland Radio Radiodiscussion.com hacked again

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    paulwalker
    Participant

I don’t think Dan will mind if I point this out, as it is not the first time this has happened at this “catch-all” media site for media around North America and beyond.

I knew something was up last night when I tried to log in and it sent me to some weird unrelated site. They are still down as of 4pm today. I know a number of us that post here, also post there, or used to anyway…

EDIT: the website is radiodiscussions.com (plural)

BTW, Oregon has a weak presence on this site and this obviously has to do with the strength of pdxradio.com!

paulwalker
    Participant

Still down as of 12:26 AM PST. They appear to have some major problems.

boisebill
    Participant

hard-core-dx(dot)com has also been hacked.

Alfredo_T
    Participant

Watch out–If Motozak3 were to read this thread, he would clarify that “hack” is not the correct word to use. He would implore that you use “cracked” or “vandalized.” 🙂

Chico
    Participant

Still FUBAR as of 830pm Sunday night. That is a long period of “site maintenance.”

paulwalker
    Participant

Yeah, I think this site is in serious trouble, though I have contributed greatly. It isn’t a bad site, but they do tend to be somewhat restrictive as to what can be posted where and why. I hope they can figure it out, but I don’t predict they will.

Alfredo_T
    Participant
    Randy_in_Eugene
    Participant

That Hard Core DX link just gave me a message in Chrome that the site may contain malware.

paulwalker
    Participant

Now approaching 6 days of being down. I will give them the benefit of the doubt, but 6 days is too long to correct their problems. I don’t wish this, but I think this site may be done for good, IMO, or if they are able to comeback, who will still be there? Again, IMO. I hope they can rebound, but it doesn’t look good.

Chico
    Participant

Thye have risen from the dead. Now if they STAY risen….

Jeffrey Kopp
    Participant

Mozilla Firefox won’t display that URL, gives me “reported attack page” warning.

paulwalker
    Participant

Jeffrey, are you referring to http://www.radiodiscussions.com? Because they do appear to be back. However, they are saying almost nothing about the long outage. Just “we have upgraded our performance and security”, paraphrasing.

paulwalker
    Participant

paulwalker
    Participant

And guess what, they are down again this afternoon, atleast for the past several hours. Now getting a 404 error. Whatever that means, but can’t be good.

Alfredo_T
    Participant

404 is the dreaded “file not found” error, in Web server parlance. If this is part of the damage caused by the people who breached the site’s security, I hope that the site’s administrators have adequate backups.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.