Radio Stations Hijacked With "Fuck Donald Trump" Song

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Portland Radio Radio Stations Hijacked With "Fuck Donald Trump" Song

This topic contains 10 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  semoochie 3 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Alfredo_T
    Participant

Several radio stations have had their broadcasts interrupted by a loop of the YG song “Fuck Donald Trump”:

• WFBS “Sunny 107.9”
    • KCGF-LP “Sunday Morning Glory Radio”
    • WMGC “El Jefe 810/96.7”
    • WIAH-LP “Mother of the Redeemer Radio”
    • WCHQ-LP “Crescent Hill Radio”

These stations were using a Barix Exstreamer audio over IP device as the STL. This is not the first time that this type of device has been attacked. In 2016, some radio stations were hijacked with a broadcast about furry sex.

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/110432/multiple-stations-hijacked-with-profane-anti-trump-song/

nosignalallnoise
    Participant

Nice!

Funny I’m reading about it when I am because I just installed one of those machines a few hours ago (store that ditched Muzak for the manager’s favorite stream instead) but haven’t gotten it configured yet.

The upside is now I have an Encompass XD in my collection that needs some repair work (and got a whole assload of old FM1 disks with it) but I should be able to get it going again.

EDIT: Heh! From the comments It Looks like Phreakazoid found that article too!

Alfredo_T
    Participant

Unfortunately, my ability to edit the title of this thread has timed out. I should have typed, RADIO STATIONS HIJACKED WITH “FUCK DONALD TRUMP” SONG.

Chico
    Participant

Add another to the list, and it was a doozy. KQES-LP 101.9 Bellevue WA. Ran for almost a WEEK with that loop.

A few thoughts.
    1) The fact that it ran for a week shows a certain lack of local control.
    2) The fact that it ran for a week shows a certain lack of listeners.
    3) This LPFM only had a CP, no license, but has been on the air since May anyway.
    4) Several of the local engineers expressed that they felt it was putting out a hell of a lot more than the 70 or so watts that it was supposed to.
    5) The two bay was about 100 feet up a doug fir. Yup.
    6) Regular programming was an audio feed off of a Chinese language (unclear Mandarin or Cantonese) TV station that runs out of SoCal somewhere.
    7) The church that was housing the equipment on behalf of the permit holder had no idea that they were broadasting this and were a bit horrified. It took a local engineer knocking on their door to get the thing taken off the air.

We’ve got PIRATES up here who run a cleaner operation.

I could hear it in my car from Renton to Woodinville, a little under 20 miles south to north. Not sure of the east west but do know some folks in east facing hills in downtown Seattle got it as well, 15 miles to the west.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by  Chico.
    • This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by  Chico.

KXRU-ED
    Participant

This is just way too funny. One week on a continous loop. I wonder what will FCC’s actions be next against the station named above.

nosignalallnoise
    Participant

Probably sell it to the cell phone industry.

skeptical
    Participant

FCC? None of that regulatory sh*t during the Trump adminstration.

Alfredo_T
    Participant

The Trump FCC is intent on rolling out ATSC 3.0 as quickly as possible.

I would say that they look at RF spectrum space as real estate, but are they the first people to hold this belief?

Chico
    Participant

You folks will love this. The LPFM DID manage to get back on the air again. Admittedly, since they only have a CP they shouldn’t be back on the air, but there ya go. Then they went to a dead stereo carrier for two days. Now they are completely gone.

Two fun facts. 1) I never did hear a legal ID, and 2) I sure heard what sounded like commercials. May they RIP. But I am sure they won’t.

Scott J
    Participant

Can’t wait to learn how much FCC policy will change later under Trump, and what will be the biggest policy change.

• This reply was modified 3 months ago by  Scott J. Reason: removed the '?'

semoochie
    Participant

You are of course assuming that there will be a “later” under Trump!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.