Radio Insight Article About KBFF Brand Change

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Portland Radio Radio Insight Article About KBFF Brand Change

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    semoochie
    Participant

It’s in the premium section but what little is given out on the outside, makes one wonder what is going on and I couldn’t find it anywhere else: https://radioinsight.com/blog/headlines/netgnomes/105052/daily-domains-218-energy-relaunch-for-portland/

Alfredo_T
    Participant

I tried http://www.energy955.com, but that domain is parked by a company called “Rebel Media.” I wonder how the Radio Insight people happened upon their information.

Master of Disaster
    Participant

When those articles were public on Radio Insight, it appeared as if Mr. Venta had some connection(s) somewhere on the pipeline, either on the radio side or with the registrars themselves. And, every so often, the tip was actually an account registered on something like Facebook or Twitter.

There seem to be quite a few organizations named “Rebel Media,” one of which is an Irish web design company and another of which is a sports content farm.

Reminds me, wasn’t “955thegame dot com” registered to an Alpha Media staffer before the Sports format that’s now on 750 and the 102.9 translator launched? Want to say it was mentioned on this forum first.

It might also be nothing; Network Solutions Whois says “energy955portland dot com” is available.

semoochie
    Participant

It sounds like an interview with someone from Alpha but whatever it is, is buried in the premium section. The name “Energy” would seem to suggest more of a rhythmic lean, if not a full-on Rhythmic CHR.

Dxer1969
    Participant

Let’s hope not. Why that direction? Makes no sense to me.

semoochie
    Participant

18-49 is fast replacing 25-54 as the money demo. Wild left a hole of sorts when they jettisoned their format to return to Jammin’, now Jam’n 107.5. Maybe KBFF has their eye on filling it.

W7PAT
    Participant

Isn’t Jam’n 107.5 aimed at the 18-49 group (and younger) already?

semoochie
    Participant

Yes and so is KBFF but maybe they think targeting between Jam’n and Z100 is more advantageous than going straight up against the latter.

Andy Brown
    Participant

18 – 49 is laughable. Three decades of people do not listen to the kind of slop these stations play. Since when does father and son like the same music? Time for you ratings worshippers to realize that this isn’t about REAL listeners, just the folks with meters.

The only exception to this rule is when father and son (or anyone thirty years in age difference from someone else) is when they are musicians. Whether classically trained or just musically involved in a group, band in school, taking lessons because mom, dad or siblings did. You see, those kind of people understand music on a different plane then Top 40 housewives and the lot.

Stations have rarely targeted realistic demos. The demos are part of the ratings scam being foisted on the major advertisers. I do enjoy when you guys try and make sense of the tomfoolery coming out of corporate programming these days but eventually you will figure it out, it isn’t at all applicable to real people that sometimes listen to the radio (the few that are left).

Seriously, with the top two group owners flirting with bankruptcy and Pandora also approaching that sad state, don’t you think it’s about time you guys admit that whatever corporate radio/streaming is doing today IS NOT WORKING?

semoochie
    Participant

I only said that 18-49 was in the process of replacing 25-54, as the “money demo”, just like TV did long ago. I didn’t mean that any particular station was going directly after the entire demo. In any case, it wouldn’t be fathers and sons, who share a common station but rather, mothers and daughters.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.