Radio Happenings In The Capitol City

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Portland Radio Radio Happenings In The Capitol City

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 144 replies, has 27 voices, and was last updated by  chessyduck 1 week, 2 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 145 total)
  • Author

semoochie
    Participant

There is something that came up on Radio Discussions about EMF covering Salem with more power than they have now. You have to subscribe to get the whole thing but I’m wondering if they weren’t referring to KYTE!

chessyduck
    Participant

Well, RadioTVDeals.com adjusted the price of this mystery “Wine Country” AMer again… It’s now listed for $75.5K … The FM translator CP doex improve the prospects…

chessyduck
    Participant

Well, RadioTVDeals.com adjusted the price of this mystery “Wine Country” AMer again… It’s now listed for $75.5K … The FM translator CP does improve the prospects…

chessyduck
    Participant

(Cross-posting in NW Hispanic Radio)

KWBY 940kHz AM Woodburn is back on the air now relaying Bustos Media’s “La Pantera” format, the same as KSND Monmouth 95.1. Not known from my location is if the signal reflects the new 10 kw authorization or is still 250 watts. No KWBY ID heard at the top-of-the-hour.

Also noted, no audio (or perhaps signal) from KCKX AM 1460 Stayton. Both station I am monitoring from the Newport-bsed KiwiSDR receiver : http://kiwisdr.smeter.net:8073/

semoochie
    Participant

It sounds to me like they redid the ground system, better than it was but not what I would expect from 10KW. That could explain the downtime.

W7PAT
    Participant

I haven’t noticed any increase in strength in Beaverton.

Andy Brown
    Participant

“It sounds to me like they redid the ground system, ”

Better get your ears checked. They are using the same antenna and ground system.

“10 kW daytime and 200 Watts nighttime, using the currently licensed omni-directional antenna”

(the ground system in AM is considered part of the antenna)

http://bit.ly/2LftU0a

Any change in the ground radial system would have to have been included in the 301 which is a requirement see 73.33 and 73.45

Also, no 302 has been filed so there is no on line document to ascertain what power they are actually operating at during this part of the construction period which is the equipment test authority period, within which they can stuff whatever power they want (up to the 10 kW plus whatever is allowed for line loss) into the system. Usually, antenna tuning work is done first at real low powers.

Conclusion: don’t assume they’re operating at 10 kW until they file for the license.

Broadway
    Participant

Lot of down time…little improvement…maybe they’re still tweaking…

semoochie
    Participant

Perhaps, “redid” is not the word I wanted. I really meant to say, “repaired”. In any case, it just seems less scratchy but that could be caused by any number of things, including my faulty memory.

jr_tech
    Participant

From Hillsboro this morning, I measure 940 at 12-18 dB over S-9 on my Icom R8500 connected to my “longwire” antenna, exactly the same as I logged on 9/29/15.

chessyduck
    Participant

I noticed the other half of the 98.3 sharetime now has confirmed call letters. Officially licensed to Dallas, KMWV Capital Community Television will share time with Mano a Mano’s KTUP … I suspect the call letters mean “Todos unidos podemos”… Arturo Sarmiento, host of KMUZ’s Hispanidades and GM of KPCN, is working the build out of the KTUP facilities and program schedule… both stations are in crunchtime with their CPs about to expire…

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 3 days ago by  chessyduck.

Broadway
    Participant

>>From Hillsboro this morning, I measure 940 at 12-18 dB over S-9 re: KWBY 940kHz AM Woodburn

Try it again as they seem stronger now…

semoochie
    Participant

Those are the same figures Jr Tech gave on the 25th.

jr_tech
    Participant

“Try it again as they seem stronger now…”

Just checked… I don’t detect any change from previous readings.

chessyduck
    Participant

I did see where EMF picked up 90.3 FM from Corban University (KWBX) for $90K per a note in All-Access. They were already relaying Air-1 but not sure how they’ll be able to make 90.3’s signal grow westward given Linfield’s co-channel KSLC in McMinnville (Go WildCats!) . Hopefully EMF at least will change the call sign as “KWBX” sounds too much like “KWAX”

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 145 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.