Radio Happenings In The Capitol City

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Portland Radio Radio Happenings In The Capitol City

Tagged: 

This topic contains 146 replies, has 27 voices, and was last updated by  chessyduck 1 week, 2 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 147 total)
  • Author

Broadway
    Participant

My guess is KWIP…owner in his 60’s. KSLM owners say it’s not them.

fennekinisfire
    Participant

KZGD is owned by Edward C. Distell, according to radio locator. Does Distell operate Bustos Media, or this an seperate listing?

chessyduck
    Participant

I noticed KCKX 1460 is still off the air… All I hear is ESPN KUTI out of Yakima on the channel… There was some LMA-like La Familia Spanish language religious radio from Bremerton-Seattle relayed on KCKX a few months ago… gone for good?

Broadway
    Participant

Yes still just throwing carrier with no audio lately…posted in other thread.

yahmit
    Participant

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

FRIENDS OF MARION COUNTY has applied for a Silent STA for low power FM KMCQ-LP/SALEM, OR after losing its site.

chessyduck
    Participant

The RadioTVDeals.com listing for a mysterious “Willamette Valley AMer with an FM translator got a little more interesting.

Besides KWIP being a candidate it might be KLYC in McMinnville. KLYC has a CP for 99.1 (K256DF) at 250 watts from the Bald Peak area. The prime contour reaches into northern McMinnville but also hits Wilsonville, Sherwood, and even parts of Cornelius and Forest Grove… Definitely “wine country”

————- LISTING ————
    Oregon
    AM Station
    Market Rank N/A
    Asking Price $155,000.00
    More Stations? N/A
    Seller Financing? Cash Only Deal
    Will Seller LMA? Yes
    Ad Headline Willamette Valley AM-FM Translator Station Opportunity
    Description
    Single station market in the Heart of Oregon wine country with retirement of owner. Low overhead. Enormous upside. Great investment opportunity for first station ownership, or semi-retired broadcaster! Contact Rockwell Media for details for this exclusive listing.

——————–

• This reply was modified 3 months, 3 weeks ago by  chessyduck.
    • This reply was modified 3 months, 3 weeks ago by  chessyduck.

Alfredo_T
    Participant

Could KSLM be another possibility for the mystery station?

dodger
    Participant

Could it be KYKN? I thought I heard that they just acquired a LPFM.

Randy_in_Eugene
    Participant

97.5, it throws a major lobe over Keizer/Salem, but not much over “wine country” to the north or west.
    https://www.fcc.gov/media/radio/map-display#appid=1782591&call=K248DN&freq=97.5&contour=60&city=KEIZER&state=OR&fileno=BNPFT-20180507ABY&.map

semoochie
    Participant

A full power radio station cannot acquire an LPFM.

chessyduck
    Participant

Somewhat disheartening turn of events on the “mystery” AM station listed at radiotvdeals.com under heading “Willamette Valley AM-FM Translator Station Opportunity”

**The price just dropped from $155K to $65K Cash-only. ** (Ouch!). This just about nails it as being KLYC. That’s about the earlier purchase price.

On my recent trip there was no sign of the 99.1 translator. The two-tower AM array remains operational adjacent to a growing agricultural operation.

I wish the operator well in any case. The station would be a bargain as Yamhill County still needs a radio voice, AM lease notwithstanding. (The 99.1 translator only would cover parts of McMinnville however it does a great job for Newberg. )

—- From Radio TV Deals —–

Description
    Single station market in the Heart of Oregon wine country with retirement of owner. Low overhead. Enormous upside. Great investment opportunity for first station ownership, or semi-retired broadcaster! Contact Rockwell Media for details for this exclusive listing.
    ————————————————

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by  chessyduck.

chessyduck
    Participant

I noticed KAJC 90.1 FM (Monmouth-Independence area) actually has a community of license (COL) as Salem. Yet, the station has zero-coverage city-contour-wise there as to protect 90.3 KWBX (Corban College). How can KAJC have a Salem COL?

Broadway
    Participant

That was a question of mine ever since KAJC started and I have asked the question here can the FCC ok a radio station’s COL although their signal does not cover it?

Broadway
    Participant

>> This just about nails it as being KLYC—
    According to their web/fb site they’re adding a new morning show this week to garner more listeners.

Home

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 147 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.