Radio Happenings In The Capitol City

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Portland Radio Radio Happenings In The Capitol City

This topic contains 110 replies, has 27 voices, and was last updated by  Craig_Adams 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 111 total)
  • Author

chessyduck
    Participant

Okay…This is TV related….

I noticed at http://www.radiotvdeals.com under the Oregon listing that RF channel 36, KJWY-LD in Salem is for sale. No sales price is listed but it is an all-cash deal.

It has resumed operations recently according to FCC correspondence: https://licensing.fcc.gov/cgi-bin/ws.exe/prod/cdbs/pubacc/prod/corrp_list.pl?Facility_id=189343

https://fccdata.org/?translog=20170922AAY&facid=189343

The group that runs this station is “Northwest Christian Broadcasting” out of McMinnville. They also have a license for KJJY-LD in Portland. The KJWY-LD signal mainly serves Salem but has fringe coverage for Albany, Corvallis, McMinnville, and Newberg.

chessyduck
    Participant

RE: Recent 98.3 observations

While driving around East Salem in late June I also heard 98.3 FM with continuous rock music – no IDs. This was definitely not the new KMWV Dallas or its sharetime partner “Mano a Mano Center”. Assumed to be an unlicensed pirate or perhaps some long-distance LPFM…

Broadway
    Participant

>>Assumed to be an unlicensed pirate
    yes it is…great 1 mile oval coverage in my neighborhood…

>>RF channel 36, KJWY-LD
    they never show up when I rescan my TV’s…chan 17,27,37 show and their tower site is not as good as KJWY and only about a block away in the West Salem Hills.

fennekinisfire
    Participant

I got nothing but clean static on 98.3.

Broadway
    Participant

>>nothing but clean static on 98.3.
    Have to be in NE Salem, Or

Borderblaster
    Participant

Got to luv it when 88-5 KTEP EL Paso, Texas… again covers up that 32 watt KMUZ with classical music from the New York Philharmonic this evening!

chessyduck
    Participant

Okay… It’s somewhere in the Willamette Valley… Any guesses? Not too many valley stations fit that exact listing (Coming to mind are: KZGD, KSLM, KWIP and perhaps some others: KKNX, KORE and KEED – other suggestions?)

https://www.radiotvdeals.com/35m8/oregon.html

Oregon – AM Station

Market Rank N/A Asking Price $225,000.00

Ad Headline AM w/FM Translator – Single Station Oregon Market (Retirement)

Description
    AM Radio w/FM Translator in Oregon’s Willamette Valley, the Heart of Wine Country market. Owner retiring. Contact Rockwell Media for this exclusive listing. Code 2322

streamingmedia
    Participant

Only station that makes sense based on the ‘Heart of Wine Country” is McMinnville. Yamhill County IS “The heart of wine country” McMinnville, Newberg, Amity, Dayton, Yamhill, Carlton. Only two cities in Yamhill County have radio stations. Newberg (low power, non-commercial–ruling this option out) and McMinnville.

Screamer
    Participant

I thought “Wine Country” was the Roseburg area. Aren’t there a couple stand alone stations there, too?

streamingmedia
    Participant

Roseburg is NOT in the Willamette Valley and it’s growing region is NOT the Willamette Valley. Roseburg is Umpqua Valley. I grew up in that area and it is starting to become known for wine, but the region that markets itself most as “Wine Country” is Yamhill County and Northern Willamette Valley. If my geography is correct, the Willamette Valley consists of the area between Newberg to the North to Cottage Grove to the South.The Northern Willamette Valley, produces more than 1/2 (and probably closer to 3/4) of Oregon’s wine

lastday
    Participant

Someone needs to tell all those Lane County wineries that they’re not in wine country. King Estate, Noble, Sarver, Territorial, etc.

streamingmedia
    Participant

Again, there are wineries pretty much throughout the state including Lane County. I am not dissing them, but the region that markets itself as the “Heart of Wine Country” is Yamhill and part of Polk County. McMinnville is the only market in that region with a radio station.

nosignalallnoise
    Participant

yahmit
    Participant

1220 KSLM has a FM translator. That is the only AM station I know of that has an FM Translator in the Willamette Valley.

yahmit
    Participant

According to Radio Locator both KWIP and KZGD have Translators but KZGD is part of Bustos, So it could be KWIP or KSLM.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 111 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.