Radio Happenings In The Capitol City

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Portland Radio Radio Happenings In The Capitol City

Tagged: 

This topic contains 146 replies, has 27 voices, and was last updated by  chessyduck 6 days, 8 hours ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 147 total)
  • Author

semoochie
    Participant

The signal has nothing to do with the main studio waiver, other than the fact that without the waiver, they would have to move the main studio to the area soon to be served. I’m a little unclear as to why stations sometimes revert to their licensed facilities while waiting for a new license to cover changes but that seems to be the case here, either that or they’re just having trouble at the new site. Nevertheless, I’m sure the situation is temporary.

W7PAT
    Participant

The new site works really well for reaching the beach and the valley. I had no problem hearing them from Lincoln City all the way down to Florence.

Broadway
    Participant

W7PAT…KYTE has been back on the old site since last weekend or before…when did you do your dxing?

russell-curry
    Participant

I tuned to 720 last night and heard KFIR broadcasting a Sweet Home high basketball game, at daytime power. I wondered if they could really be broadcasting at full strength to get a good signal back to Sweet Home, which is kind of a long reach at nighttime authorization. Sure enough, just after the postgame show, the signal dropped down underneath KDWN. This is far more noticeable than if KMED or KELA were to do the same thing, considering factors like numbers of people in several states listening on frequency, and number of db of signal improvement.

W7PAT
    Participant

Broadway,

We were down there Nov 9 -11

Pat

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

THE KBOO FOUNDATION has closed on the sale of K264AA/SALEM, OR to WILLAMETTE INFORMATION, NEWS, AND ENTERTAINMENT SERVICE for $18,000. The translator rebroadcasts the buyer’s noncommercial Variety KMUZ/TURNER, OR.

semoochie
    Participant

KYTE is now licensed at the new site. I was under the impression that operation from a former licensed site was not permissible without authorization in the form of Special Temporary Authority. Am I right or are they off the air completely?

Randy_in_Eugene
    Participant

I can just barely hear KYTE, so it must be the old site. “You’re flyin’ with Kyte.”

semoochie
    Participant

I wonder if they’d be interested in the old KYTE Top 40 jingles. Someone must have them.

Broadway
    Participant

Sounding like a coastal radio station this morning hearing from Salem with and an local sponsor auction all morning long.

boisebill
    Participant

I’ve got a KYTE kite (blue and never un-rolled) and a KYTE frisbee.

W7PAT
    Participant

Semoochie: There was/is a web page where they had all sorts of jingles from Portland’s past top 40 stations including KYTE. They also had a reply of KGW during the Columbus Day storm. I have lost that link, perhaps someone else has it.

boisebill
    Participant

Radio Ruminator
    Participant

Could KYTE move its tower to the old KSKD site? I know it wont make the signal better in Portland.

Andy Brown
    Participant
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 147 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.