Radio Happenings In The Capitol City

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Portland Radio Radio Happenings In The Capitol City

This topic contains 62 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  Broadway 3 days, 13 hours ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 63 total)
  • Author

semoochie
    Participant

The antenna is in the Coast Range. It still reaches Newport. It’s even in the expanded ID.

Broadway
    Participant

Semoochie…I was asking with the owners of KYTE supposed selling their move in station they have no Newport station themselves to own. I have seen where Coastal moveins have had another frequency to acquire/continue service to original area of coverage. Could Bustos trade their 95.1 with 102.7 and have 95.1 move back to the coast to cover Newport?

• This reply was modified 1 month, 4 weeks ago by  Broadway.

semoochie
    Participant

It seems to me there was already a station placed in that vicinity to take care of that but KYTE still puts a strong signal into Newport or so it would appear.

semoochie
    Participant

The plot thickens: The Gold Mountain translator, that’s been on 102.5 for years, has applied to decrease power from ten watts to one and switch to a directional antenna, with no other changes. That should alleviate the Camas LPFM’s new interference troubles.

boisebill
    Participant

The path from the new site to Toledo & Newport is not that good. Probably lots of multipath all along the coast.

Broadway
    Participant

Anyone who lives or traveled recently in Newport…please give a DX report of new coverage !!!

semoochie
    Participant

I’m assuming that it’s rock solid in the valley. What about Eugene?

semoochie
    Participant

Double whammy!: It isn’t the Gold Mountain translator. It’s Goat Mountain and they aren’t reducing power, just going to a directional pattern.

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

THE KBOO FOUNDATION is selling K264AA/SALEM, OR to WILLAMETTE INFORMATION, NEWS, AND ENTERTAINMENT SERVICE for $18,000. The translator rebroadcasts the buyer’s noncommercial Variety KMUZ/TURNER, OR.

Broadway
    Participant

Broadway
    Participant

KYTE also not broadcasting from their new site…sounds like they are back on their old coastal TX site…new FCC app says they want studio waiver…

semoochie
    Participant

So, they want a waiver for the time between now and when the new main studio rule goes into effect?

Radio Ruminator
    Participant

What is the KYTE waiver? What does it have to do with the new main studio rule?

semoochie
    Participant

The FCC recently deleted the requirement for a main studio but it hasn’t gone into effect yet, so if KYTE is asking for a waiver, it must only cover the time between now and when the rule goes into effect. It’s hardly worth the effort.(Edit)I thought you were referring to a new application after the order and didn’t realize it was from the license application in September, before the fact, as I just looked into this and found the following at the FCC site: Exhibit 6
    Description: MAIN STUDIO WAIVER

WE ARE APPLYING FOR A WAIVER OF THE MAIN STUDIO RULE AS THE COMMISSION IS CURRENTLY REVIEWING ITS RULES REGARDING THAT REQUIREMENT AND TO REQUIRE US TO FIND A LOCATION AND STAFF FOR WHAT MAY BE A VERY SHORT DURATION DOES NOT MAKE A GOOD BUSINESS DECISION.

Radio Ruminator
    Participant

So KYTE is going back to their old signal because the FCC is the ending main studio rule? Will KYTE go back to its new signal?

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 63 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.