Radio Happenings In The Capitol City

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Portland Radio Radio Happenings In The Capitol City

This topic contains 108 replies, has 27 voices, and was last updated by  Broadway 2 weeks, 4 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 109 total)
  • Author

semoochie
    Participant

They didn’t move the tower to Independence but I see where you’re going with this. It sure looks like it, doesn’t it? Maybe, they felt like they had to justify the move, somehow.

e_dawg
    Participant

How’s KYTE 102.7 in the Portland area. I know there’s a translator at 102.9 (750 THE GAME) blocking most of the Portland area signal for KYTE-FM.

W7PAT
    Participant

I don’t know about Portland proper, but it comes in good in Hillsboro and kind of spotty in Beaverton. Over by the Beaverton Costco I could hear another station cutting in.

semoochie
    Participant

I haven’t heard it well enough anywhere in the metro area that the average person would listen but well enough to check it out just about everywhere. The only real exception I’ve found is the Camas LPFM, which will probably try to move, although I did hear something over by Hillsboro. As soon as you get into the actual Willamette Valley, I’m sure it comes in just fine but there are just too many hills up here blocking the signal.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by  semoochie.

Alfredo_T
    Participant

I found the reception of KYTE to be fairly stable in Tigard, near the Costco. Reception is good going up the hill on SW Barbur Blvd., but there is one spot after which the signal is blocked and does not fully return.

Broadway
    Participant

KYTE off the air today…

boisebill
    Participant

They got it licensed by the skin of their teeth.
    Time to shut it off and
    1- Build it right
    or
    2- Sell it

Alfredo_T
    Participant

A few days ago, I finally heard an announcer on KYTE. As this was later in the evening, I would suspect that the broadcast was either voice-tracked or pre-recorded. I have also been hearing some advertisements.

Broadway
    Participant

Back on 3:37 pm

semoochie
    Participant

The Camas LPFM, KIEV has applied and been granted to move to 102.5. This should clear up any interference issues with KYTE. It will also probably wipe out just about any local reception of the Estacada translator on the east side.

jr_tech
    Participant

KYTE seems to be off again… do they need to go pour another 5 gallons of gas into the generator? 🙂

washnotore
    Participant

The FCC has granted KIEV-LP move. From 102.7 FM to 102.5 FM. Due to the on channel interference of KYTE rimshot signal into Portland. KIEV is running a loop message about the frequency change.

Updated Message
    https://kievradio.com/

jr_tech
    Participant

KIEV on 102.5 is now loud and clear in Hillsboro, with my log-Yagi pointed about 60 degrees.

El_Chico
    Participant

KYTE could be a good grab for Bustos. This appears to have better coverage than KSND and has a rim shot into Eugene as well.

Broadway
    Participant

Question is it’s been long known that the CP was for sale but now on the air what frequency will take place for the old KYTE serving Newport if any.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 109 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.