Radio Happenings In The Capitol City

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Portland Radio Radio Happenings In The Capitol City

This topic contains 108 replies, has 27 voices, and was last updated by  Broadway 2 weeks, 4 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 109 total)
  • Author

fieldstrength
    Participant

I heard KYTE 102.7 while driving around Beaverton tonight. That tells me they must have made it to the air from the new site. I don’t think it was possible to hear them from their old stick in Beaverton.

Broadway
    Participant

Yep, another new mid Valley station coastal movein…just heard their new COL ID…KYTE Independence. Think they will have killer coverage from their higher site…just hope they got their AC power issues settled.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by  Broadway.

Radio Ruminator
    Participant

Will KYTE move its broadcasting studio to Salem and market itself as a Salem radio station?

Broadway
    Participant

Drove around Salem…KYTE has great signal…funny to hear nothing but coastal business advertising! ID now mentions a bunch of valley cities…then the last one…Newport!
    This station is one of 6 coastal stations under the group Yaquina Bay Communications in Newport. Don’t know if they have the dollars to open a sales office/studio in the valley anywhere?

semoochie
    Participant

I was surprised to hear them mention Portland second! From my vantagepoint, they’re fighting it out with the Camas translator. I wonder if that will continue.

Broadway
    Participant

Interesting…
    https://kievradio.com/

semoochie
    Participant

The link hinted that KYTE wasn’t at full power yet. I hadn’t even thought about that.

semoochie
    Participant

I don’t see a 302 yet.

Broadway
    Participant

Anyone in Newport have a DX report of KYTE’s new signal?

jr_tech
    Participant

“I was surprised to hear them mention Portland second!”

Westside reception is pretty good…not quite as strong as KLOO, KDUK but about the same as KHPE, KFLY, KRKT and other stronger mid valley stations. Decent reception can be obtained with a good portable or car radio, no Yagi necessary to hear them from Hillsboro.

Yep! they totally cover KIEV at my location.

washnotore
    Participant

I listened to KYTE legal ID. And here is list of cities they cover.

* Independence (City of License)
    * Salem (Primary City)
    * Portland / * Eugene (Rimshot)
    * Newport (Was the City of License, Now served by a class D translator.)

Most of there commercial still reflect businesses on the Central Oregon Coast.

It’s been quite sometime that a “Middle Of the Road” format has been heard. At least in Portland and Eugene.

semoochie
    Participant

I think it’s supposed to be Hot AC.

warner
    Participant

Isn’t KYTE the one that was/is owned by that kinda crazy lady in Newport? Or was that another one?

jr_tech
    Participant

No, I think that was KPPT/KCUP:

About Us

Is Cheryl Harle not involved with the station anymore?

Radio Ruminator
    Participant

Could KYTE have moved its tower to Independence without changing its city of license?

https://radio-locator.com/cgi-bin/patg?id=KYTE-FM&s=C

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 109 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.