Radio Happenings In The Capitol City

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Portland Radio Radio Happenings In The Capitol City

Tagged: ,

Viewing 8 posts - 211 through 218 (of 218 total)
  • Author
    russell-curry
    Participant

I was in Salem on labor day. Between approx. 3-30 and 4-00 I was in a favorable location and tuned them in. They were playing oldies, interspersed with fire updates. It’s good to know I wasn’t witnessing their last few hours.

chessyduck
    Participant

A construction video of the new KMWV 98.3 studios and a project backgrounder now can be found at :

https://www.capitalcommunitymedia.org/kmwv

Screamer
    Participant

I thought an entity like a community TV station was not permitted to own a non-commercial radio frequency. Are they able to skirt around that with the partnership with the Spanish group?

chessyduck
    Participant

CCTV is the non-profit that runs the public access TV channels for Salem-area cable systems. When cities doled out cable franchises the bidders or communities would often propose a third-party to control the public access facility.. that way the content would be free of corporate pressures..

boisebill
    Participant
    Radio Ruminator
    Participant

KBZY (1490 AM) in Salem has been off the air for two days. But you can still hear the station on the internet using the Simple Radio app.

Alfredo_T
    Participant

Over a decade ago, Portland Community Media (formerly Portland Cable Access) announced in its newsletter that it was considering launching an LPFM station. These plans never came to fruition. I have been left curious whether the stumbling block was legal in nature or whether sufficient funds and manpower weren’t available.

chessyduck
    Participant

The signal of KWBY sounds stronger… Did they finally upgrade or is just ground conductivity imporved thanks to the recent rains? (Bustos/Distell have one year remaining in that CP but an extension/re-filing would be easy.)

Viewing 8 posts - 211 through 218 (of 218 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.