Radio Happenings In The Capitol City

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Portland Radio Radio Happenings In The Capitol City

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 204 total)
  • Author
    chessyduck
    Participant

Mea culpa or “más bien – mi culpa”. Yes, Danielle you are correct. The monster 95.9 translator runs a tiny 19 watts but now that KPCN-LP is off the air it blasts into Woodburn.

PCUN should have submitted an STA then try to sell the station to some other local group. They could recover some monies invested in the transmitter, STL gear, etc.

chessyduck
    Participant

KZGD 1390 AM’s owner Edward Distell has submitted paperwork (posted 4/02) to the FCC to temporarily take the station silent (STA). No paperwork for KCKX in Stayton has been observed yet. Here’s the formal statement:

“BECAUSE OF ECONOMIC CONDITIONS CAUSED BY THE CURRENT CORONAVIRUS EMERGENCY AFFLICTING OUR COUNTRY, A DECISION HAS BEEN MADE FOR KZGD TO TEMPORARILY BE SILENT UNTIL ECONOMIC CONDITIONS IMPROVE.” “THE PUBLIC INTEREST, CONVENIENCE AND NECESSITY WOULD BE WELL SERVED BY A GRANT OF A 180 DAY SPECIAL TEMPORARY AUTHORIZATION TO PERMIT KZGD, A MINORITY OWNED BROADCAST STATION, TO BE SILENT.”

Broadway
    Participant

>>KPCN-LP is off the air
    Radio locator says they’re on…

https://radio-locator.com/cgi-bin/finder?sr=Y&s=C&call=KPCN&nav=

chessyduck
    Participant

Monitoring via the W7PUA receiver I noticed KWBY 940 is off the air although their Internet stream is still active. Perhaps they’re taking time to get in that 10kw upgrade or perhaps another STA by Distell/Bustos to take an AM into Covid-driven silent mode.

chessyduck
    Participant

Somebody at KWBY must be reading PDXRADIO.COM . The AM signal is alive again…

chessyduck
    Participant

Apparently the technical issues are more extended at AM 940. This Sunday morning a carrier and distorted audio can be heard. Given Covid-19 and the delays to date one wonders if that 10kw upgrade will happen anytime soon.

chessyduck
    Participant

As of 1700 PDT 6/6 I am hearing KCKN 1460 Stayton on the air again, relaying Seattle-based “La Estación de la Familia.” KZGD 1390 in Salem remains silent for now.

chessyduck
    Participant

As of 6/15 in the afternoon KWIP Dallas 880 has been silent along with its web stream. I assume the 103.9 FM translator “el Fuego” is also silent. Hopefully its not economics… The station has a nice AM signal and fairly high advertisement load. (Their office reflects the 60s radio era with wood paneling and the 5kw transmitter prominently placed so staff can read the meters… a real radio station.)

Oh yes, KWBY is down again. ¿Qué pasa?

W7PAT
    Participant

It’s too bad that Entercom sold off 1390 for a dollar. They could use that signal in the Salem area particularly at night for a relay of KFXX. It must not have pencilled out financially.

With any luck, perhaps KBZY will end up on a translator.

lastday
    Participant

KLVU 107.1 Sweet Home-Salem is now in HD, with subchannels HD2 and HD3.

chessyduck
    Participant

KWIP is back thankfully but KWBY not I would imagine that Distell will move shift the KZGD translator K228FN in Salem to carry KWBY once the 10kw upgrade is finished

Broadway
    Participant

By FCC rules K228FN will always have to rebroadcast 1390 in Salem.

Andy Brown
    Participant

What rule?

semoochie
    Participant

I think he’s talking about the requirement for the translator to follow the AM.

Andy Brown
    Participant

Again, what rule?

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 204 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.