Radio Happenings In The Capitol City

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Portland Radio Radio Happenings In The Capitol City

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 176 total)
  • Author
    lastday
    Participant

I’m getting “Radio Poder” on 98.3 here in Eugene. The HD indicator is flashing and once in a while the display says there are HD subchannels. I haven’t gotten a successful HD lock on it but the analog sounds really good with 3 solid bars of signal strength on the Sony XDR-F1HD.

EDIT: They filed an FCC 335-FM “Digital Notification” on 9/18.

lastday
    Participant

RBDS says “KMWV 98.3 Building A New Station!”.

jr_tech
    Participant

Good solid HD lock on 98.3 in Hillsboro this morning… HD-1 playing an mix of oldies/blues/?, HD-2 had a lecture on forest fire seasons and identified as KMUZ/KMVW. Same program was heard on 88.5, KMUZ. No HD-3 or higher was detected. (Sony F1HD, 9 element log-Yagi}

jr_tech
    Participant

Checked again just now RDS says “Radio Poder KTUP 98.3”… Spanish language programming. No HD detected, even though signal strength still looks good. Perhaps they do not run the HD when KTUP is broadcasting?

lastday
    Participant

It’s back to KMWV this morning. I don’t know if this is their regular music format but I’d listen to this station. I like what they’re playing. Still can’t get an HD lock but analog sounds good.

Alfredo_T
    Participant

The evening that I first heard KMWV, I tried to listen to 98.1 and 98.5 to see whether I could hear any IBOC buzz. I did not hear anything that sounded as though it could be coming from KMWV–particularly at 98.5 MHz, where I primarily heard KUPL bleed-through.

jr_tech
    Participant

I have checked several times today and the signal was weaker (only 2 bars on the Sony F1HD) with no HD lock or even an indication.
    Checking just now, I am not receiving the analog 98.3 signal. Transmitter problems?

lastday
    Participant

Driving north on I-5 today around noon it was KTUP again. I got a solid HD lock around the Corvallis ramp. The displayed ID was “KMWVKTUP”. HD2 was some low fidelity talk show.

chessyduck
    Participant

KMUZ 88.5 Turnee now includes 98.3HD2 as part of their top-of-hour ID… Yes, covoluted… Still no radio-oriented stream or radio-centric content of KMWV at the CcTV website…

lastday
    Participant

Driving around most of Eugene-Springfield, it’s a stalemate between Dallas and the OPB translator in Walton. Dallas does best right along I-5.

Nice to have a new station to report on. Doesn’t happen every day or even every year. 🙂

lastday
    Participant

So yesterday KMWV or KTUP played some expletive-laden “music” that would probably raise eyebrows at the FCC. I suspect we’re hearing someone’s personal music library and they overlooked something.

Tsk tsk.

Alfredo_T
    Participant

Was the music “mumble-rap?”

lastday
    Participant

All I know is it was profanity-laden rap.

Alfredo_T
    Participant

That would qualify as “mumble-rap.” The term is used in a variety of YouTube videos by user Shango066.

chessyduck
    Participant

Arturo Sarmiento’s Hispanidades radio show is a great source for learning about the KMWV-KTUP-KMUZ triad … if you speak Spanish..
    He discussed in detail about the “Dallas” part of the ID to his listeners then mentioned that KMWV broadcasts from the CCTV-Salem studios while KTUP airs from the Woodburn studios of Radio Movimiento … so now you know…

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 176 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.