Radio Disney stations still up for sale

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Portland Radio Radio Disney stations still up for sale

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  semoochie 5 years ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Alfredo_T
    Participant

As of this writing, I don’t believe that any of the Disney owned stations has sold. Even WQEW New York is still owned by Disney, and one would think that this is the most valuable Disney radio station, given that it is in New York City and has a 50 kW signal day and night. What a sad commentary on the state of the medium!

semoochie
    Participant

It looks like Radio Disney has sold its Houston and Cleveland stations, subject to FCC approval. Another deal, for their Detroit station, hit the skids because the buyer wanted a station, with a better signal.

Alfredo_T
    Participant

Thanks for the update!

Cleveland — 1260 WWMK 10 kW day & night
    Houston — 1590 KMIC 5 kW day & night

Detroit — 910 WFDF 50 kW day 25 kW night (Both patterns throw a fairly deep null over east Detroit; most of the signal goes due north through West Detroit and up to Flint.)

Alfredo_T
    Participant

I should add to my above comment that WFDF produces a maximum field strength greater than that of KGO!! That is because the WFDF pattern is a baseball-bat created using 8 towers! Compare–

WFDF: http://transition.fcc.gov/ftp/Bureaus/MB/Databases/AM_DA_patterns/1284459-105719.pdf

KGO: http://transition.fcc.gov/ftp/Bureaus/MB/Databases/AM_DA_patterns/249372-2649.pdf

greenway
    Participant

Radio Insight.com reports this morning that WQEW has been sold to Family Radio

semoochie
    Participant

It looks like the Detroit outlet is selling after all. They’re off to a good start.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.