Put a Fork in Idol

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    duxrule
    Participant

This is a move that came about three years too late:

Fox calling an end to ‘American Idol’

The network announced Monday that “American Idol” will go off the air after its 15th season next spring. The cast from the past seasons, with Ryan Seacrest as host and Jennifer Lopez, Keith Urban and Harry Connick Jr. as judges, will return for a season-long celebration of the show’s history.
    http://www.theolympian.com/2015/05/11/3721327/fox-calling-an-end-to-american.html#storylink=cpy

Brianl
    Participant

There IS a God after all!

RobP
    Participant

Try 10 years too late. It’s also time to kill off the evil spawn of this show – The Voice et. al

paulwalker
    Participant

For those who follow the media, this comes as no surprise. However notice how Fox is milking all it can out of this announcement. The most important ratings month of the year, and near the end of the current season, just to announce “hey, we’re going away but not for quite a while”. This is an obvious ploy for ratings for not only this season, but next. If the ratings go up next year (not likely), then I wouldn’t be surprised if they changed their minds (due to public demand!).

missing_kskd
    Participant

TheY would have ratings if they were as savvy as The Voice people are.

:p

skeptical
    Participant

Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood both racked up sales of nearly 15 million albums, at least 12 contestants made at least 1 mil albums sold. Another 60 sold varying amounts.

Knock Idol if you want, but it was a major shot in the arm for an industry somewhat on the decline.

I didn’t watch or care for Idol that much, but one of the better contestant shows.

Mrs.Merkin
    Participant

‘America’s Got Talent’ is much more fun.

skeptical
    Participant

Agreed. I actually preferred Last Comic Standing. Eventual winner Rodman was hilarious.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.