Presidential Debate I

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Vitalogy
    Participant

100 million will be watching, will you?

Vitalogy
    Participant

The Trump sniff. Sounds like Trump is winded and gasping for air.

Brianl
    Participant

I tuned in for the circus.

I am not disappointed.

Hillary is going with specifics. Trump won’t answer questions, he just dodges.

Langston
    Participant

Say what you will about Hillary, but she is one tough cookie.

Vitalogy
    Participant

Trump got destroyed tonight. And Hillary took it easy on himz

bookemdono
    Participant

Pretty clear winner tonight. Hillary crushed it. The one point I would have liked to see was Trump’s continual mention of all these other countries are not paying there fair share but Trump is quite proud of his ability to not pay anything in taxes. He’s not in it for anyone but himself and she exposed him tonight.

paulwalker
    Participant

Cnn poll reports 62 percent thought Hillary won.

edselehr
    Participant

What did Obama call it? A “shellacking?”

And I don’t even think that this was Hillary’s “A” game. It’s mainly because Trump was that bad. And Hillary knew exactly how to push his buttons, baiting him all night into incoherent and emotional responses.

They say debates don’t make much of a difference in elections. This one will.

Just being on the stage as a “challenger” in a presidential debate and not screwing up gave Trump the edge. He’ll learn from this and do better the next two. I don’t think that he didn’t “win” will hurt his momentum.

paulwalker
    Participant

So what you are saying is he is down one to nothing and will do better. How exactly will he do this? He truly reflected who he is tonight. What makes you think that he can transform his personality within two weeks? Seriously had all comes down to that and it will be very difficult for him to change peoples minds after tonight.

Obama didn’t win the first debate with Romney. He bounced back.

But my point is that it was somewhat of a win for Trump just to be there. He’s the underdog, the challenger, and a man who has held no political office, battling a very seasoned politician who he is about tied with in the polls. That elevates him. Undecideds aren’t necessarily looking for debate skills. They have heard he’s a dangerous maniac. If he came across as somewhat less extreme than that, then he’s done some good for himself.

And I think he will be better as a debater next round.

edselehr
    Participant

These debates are not the free-for-all brawls that the Republican nominating debates were. That was dodgeball; this is chess. The only way for Trump to do well in this format is to not be Trump. And if he’s not Trump, he’s neglecting the care and feeding of his ardent base supporters.

If there is one thing that we’ve learned about Trump this election season is that he knows who is audience is, and who his audience is not. He’s not going to reach too far to attract swing voters (let alone “the blacks” and hispanic voters) if it risks losing any of his base supporters.

Trump can only move to the center when he is on a teleprompter. On his own, especially when baited by a seasoned campaigner/debater such as Clinton, he reverts to his true nature as a bloviating right-wing bigot and mysogenist.

paulwalker
    Participant

Yep.

skeptical
    Participant

OMG!

Turnip needs to find a way to drop out of the next two debates, pronto.

duxrule
    Participant

TD is making super-weak excuses already, claiming that he had a “bad mic.”

Donald Trump is floating the theory that debate moderators gave him a bad microphone on purpose. Trump says his mic at last night’s debate was “terrible.” He’s blaming it for what some listeners thought were sniffles by Trump during the debate. Trump told Fox News that it was going on and off and that his volume was lower than Hillary Clinton’s microphone. He says he wonders “whether that wasn’t set up that way on purpose.”

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.